~Chapter 1: The Darkness of Red~

The long arduous scribbling of the quill came to a halt as a weary sigh was exhaled. The girl, whose astonishing fiery-red hair stood out in the dark lamp-lit room, stretched and yawned as she set the final paperwork aside. With one last keen scan, she – without any heed for grace – flopped onto the bed. Her sore body finally permitted to have the much needed comfort of the soft mattress. Green emerald eyes blankly stared at the dancing shadows the lamp casted upon her ceiling

For a girl her age, Ayu fon Fabre carried more responsibility than that of an average teen. Her life consisted of different obligations and tasks that prepare her for her destiny; As Kimlasca’s next Queen.

As burdening as it sounds, the young aristocrat has learned to love her work, the people and the interaction that came with it. The thought of serving the whole kingdom brought a smile to her face but if there was one thing that served as her burden, it was that inexplicable feeling that was kept hidden within the dark. It wasn’t new to her, the fact loomed about the corners whenever she was unoccupied and it made her feel…

Incomplete…

Fiery-red locks went awry over her face as she shook the feeling away, nevertheless, it lingered. She knew it too well, and it knew her better. It hid, lurking around that unknown part of her brain only to come bother her when she is empty and devoid of anything else. It made her feel like she was forgetting something important, something that made her “Ayu”.

She sighed, knowing that her train of thoughts will just urge her to continue on endlessly without definite answer. She longed to know the answer and that was why she felt tempted, bothering herself every minute with this persistent thought. She wanted to know what is hidden within the dark depths of her consciousness; what is concealed. To no avail, it was a futile attempt as whenever she got near to the answer it seemed to fight back as her head would pound like crazy, the pain ceaseless as it compelled her to let go and before she knew it, the answer escapes her grip.

“When you thought you had it in your grasp… it just… slips… away…” she mumbled as her lids felt heavy and slowly closed.

Slowly, sleep imbedded itself within her system as she slowly fell into a deep slumber.

Dreaming of darkness without any hint of light.