Chapter 4

Waking up early in the morning and doing my business, I quickly made my way towards my daughter room. My daughter, Amaira, she is the best thing what happens to me. The little girl of nine months which was found in my car 3 years before.
The very next day when I took her to the police station and stayed with her the whole day till her information was found. And after learning about her being an orphan and missing child, I was just so so sad and down. But I couldn't let go of her when the cops told me about taking her back to the orphanage. As soon as she was taken from my hand, her cries affected me that I took her back in my arms that instant. It was then and there, I decided to adopt her.
Today is her 1st day of school and I think more than her I am nervous. And why wouldn't I till yesterday she was in front of my eyes as my company has a special child sector for their worker and employers kids. So she was just a minute you can say, away from me. But from today she will be nearly 1 hr away. And this isn't sitting well with me. Why couldn't there be a school near my office or why isn't my office near school? I know. I know I am over thinking.
As I enter the room I saw my princess sleeping peacefully. I went to her bed to wake her up.
"Amy, sweety wake up! Today is your 1st day of school. Baby wake up."
My little devil, instead of waking up she turn to her back.
"Amaira Sophia Rogers. Wake up this instant." and there she was not just up but also ran to her bathroom to which I laughed aloud.
Can't believe she is not a bit nervous or bothered for her 1st day of school but cheery and happy. When I drop her in her homeroom class, she instantly went to some kids she met during admission process. Look like she is going to be alright.
"Bye sweety. Be good." I called exiting the class room.
"Bye momma!" she replied loud enough for whole class and outside to hear. I got into my car and started towards my office.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Gilliam Knight. Gilliam Gorge Knight. As soon as I read the name of our next client, my blood turned cold. I don't want to see the person or even hear his name. I just can't. Its been like what, 4 years 8 months 3 weeks and 5 days, the last time I saw him.
I went to my boss Ms. Stone to resign but what she said got me. I can't have him affect me now. And I definitely can't run away from this as I have, Amaira, my daughter to think of.
My boss let me have a leave for today to prepare myself as tomorrow I will be facing him. She has given me the responsibility of this project.
Tomorrow can wait but today I want to, no, actually need to be with my daughter. Til then.
Gilliam Gorge Knight.