Chapter 9

Grayson

I walk out from the bathroom while fixing the towel that covers my body.
Cassie whistles when I walk past her bed and I shake my head of her naughtiness.

I see Ethan's hanging from his upper bed and I push up his hand.
I lay on my bed while putting on a long sleeved shirt because it's kinda chilly in the room. I scroll through my instagram, liking the fan made pics of us. That's the least I can do after what they have done for me and Ethan.

After getting bored of what I'm doing now, I take a look at Hailee. No wonder Ethan likes her with that wavy hair, hazel eyes and soft skin.

But then, something catches my eyes. Hailee ties her hair with a familiar looking hairband.
It's Ethan's hairband where he kept since he is 15 years old.

Hailee tighten her ponytail before continues eating her chips and scrolling her phone.

I never thought that Ethan would give the hairband to Hailee, a girl he barely knows. I try to playback how he get that hair band

"Isn't this cute? I want to buy it."
Ethan was attracted to a purple hairband with a crown on top of the hairband. It was kinda cute.
We were planning what to buy for our new videos but now Ethan wants girly things which make me jump into a conclusion that he is in love.

"Why do you want this, Ethan? You don't even have a girlfriend."
I asked him. He shakes his head, still studying the cute hairband.

"I want to give this hairband to a special girl that will forever be the queen of my heart. Not to any girl that I meet but only the girl that I've said. And the crown on this means she is the ruler of my heart. A queen for me."

I laugh at first but then he glares at me and I realised that he wasn't joking.

Wow Ethan, I don't believe that was my twin, Ethan. I thought he was cold hearted but when it comes to love, he took it in a serious way.

*end of flashback*

I blink my eyes a few times so I am fully back to reality. I shake my head while giggling lightly.

"Hey, what's so funny Grayson?"
Hailee sits on my bed, patting my knees. Her smile, it was gorgeous.
I shake my head and cover my face with my pillow.

Hailee tickles me and I laugh. The harder I laugh, the harder she tickles.

And then she stops, I take a peek and she is already got up from my bed.
I fix my hair and pick up the pillow which fell on the floor.

I smile but then my smile fade away when I look at Hailee, who curls herself into a ball. She faces the wall but I still hear her sniffles. Girls, a moment she is happy and the next they're tearing down.

I walk up to her and put my hand on her arm. She turns and I see her puffy eyes, with mascara running down her face. My jaw falls on the floor because a few moments ago she is the happiest person on this world.

She gets up and sits facing me. Without hesitation, she hugs me and buries her face in my chest. I'm in shocked of her spontaneous action but then I put my arms around her back and start making circles to calm her.

After a few minutes, we pull away from the embrace and I wipe her tears with my sleeve. She looks at me and weakly smile.

"You don't have to smile if you don't want to. I like sincere smile, not fake one."

I say to her and her smile fades away. She shakes her head and look around making sure that Ethan and Cassie is not here. Cassie fell asleep about an hour ago so we are safe.

"Willing to share with me? Cause I'm listening."

"Actually, I was just like you. I lied. I came to this college to run away from my horrible life. My sister was pregnant by her ex, it was an accident. She spilled her secret to me and I promised wouldn't tell anyone. But lately, her tummy is getting bigger and my mom noticed it. I have to cover for her all the time. And her ex was my ex too so she blamed me for leaving him making him craving my sister when our  parents caught her. My brother never trust me again. I tried to end my life but my parents made a quick action so they managed to save my life."

She rolls her sleeves up and show her wrist. A long scar is showing itself right on her vein. I rub it and then, signal her to continue.

"After a few months, I lost my bestfriend, Laquisha. She was my other half. And then, I have no one to talk to. I never tell anyone about my personal life after her death but then I found you. You are a good listener. Thanks a lot."

She smiles to me while holding my hand. I nod and smile back to her.

"Promise you won't try to kill yourself anymore. I will blame myself forever. If you need anyone I'm here, and I'm officially your bestfriend."

I hold out my pinky finger to pinky swear with her. She does the same and interlocks our pinky.

I pull her into a warm hug before placing a kiss on her head. I love her, as a bestfriend. I'm not betraying my twin.

The ending will be a sad way so I hope that you will prepare yourself to accept the ending.. haha I scared you? Thanks to me.