Pain

The men in black looked at each other in shock as the ghost box went haywire. It was great evidence, but they didn't feel excited. They felt unbearable sadness hit all of them at once. The crew had never felt helpless than they did right now. Only one was seated. He had his hands clenched in front of his face. Shaking. He was pissed off. They were all told the history of the house, it was fucked up. For a little girl to die like that...it made him want to throw up. Hearing her desperate voice wasn't helping either.

Mommy?!

Where are you??!

I'm scared!

All night nothing had happen until 3 in the morning. The 40th anniversary of her death. He abruptly sat up and grabbed the bible and holy water from the table and marching into throughout the house angrily shouting prayers at the demons. Once he got done with them, he was going to have a field day with the butler.

The demons fought back but they left the house for now. Somehow, the doctor was using the demons as personal bodyguards. Once they were gone the evil bastard fled the room.

"Dude that was amazing!" Aaron says.

Zak huffed, "It's not over yet,"

"What?"

"He ran to the attic." He says sitting up before going after him.

"I'm going to make that spirit pay for what he's done."

The building was three stories. With every flight of stairs, hallways turns. He was hit with voices, they would sound like they were just out of earshot.

Somebody please help me.

The closer he got to his destination, the worse they got.

"Why are you doing this?" Somebody sobbed.

"Shut up!"

He was starting to get flashes of a scene.

Somebody was getting drug across the room, kicking and screaming.

Before turning into a hallucination. It was like he stepped back in time. He slid down the wall with wide eyes. The building was no longer dusty or abandoned. It was new and busy.

A girl stood there covering her face. When she uncovered it, her face was severely bruised.

By the time he got to the final floor he was gasping for air. Sweating buckets.

Her screams of pain got louder, and louder.

He was going to be fucked up for a while, but he had to do this. If he was gone, then she could move on.

When he opened the door, he was hit with a blast of cold air. He almost took a step back. Almost.

He glared up at the dark shadow, marching up the stairs ignoring the pained ache in his heart. In a heartbeat he started reciting an exorcism line he had memorized.

The figure started to change from a shadow into a person. Just the person he was looking for.

Soon he found himself pinned to the wall. The ghost had him by the throat. The more he looked at the ghost, the more he was hit by flashbacks. He started losing consciousness.

She never told on me you know, he boasted.

"You're a sick bastard," Zak seethed through clenched teeth. He grabbed his holy water and doused the ghost in it. The doctor was thrown back, releasing Zak's throat.

Zak slumped to the dusty floor clutching his throat, before pouring some on himself for protection.

He coughed loudly, before continuing the ritual with a raspy voice.

The ritual was completed and the demon doctor was dragged down begging for mercy.

His chest heaved as he breathed in and out. He kneeled down. From the corner of his eye he can see a smaller figure. She was standing right there, free of bruises or pain. She ran up to him and hugged him around his neck.

"Thank you," she says.

"Anytime," he says in awe, gently patting her back.