Chapter 1: Enough

Hey Guys!

IMPORTANT: THE BOOK COVER IS NOT MINE AND IT WAS FOUND ON PINTEREST WITH NO ORIGINAL LINK. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE ARTIST PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

How's it going? I always write a lot of unfinished works but I'm very motivated to finish this.

It's my way of venting and is inspired from a scene from Young Justice featuring Robin expressing his pain through therapy. That moment hit me right in the heart. Cause I was able to relate to what he was saying probably? I'm also very fond of Kid Flash and Batman's friendship with Robin.

I wouldn't say this is perfect and I can't guarantee there will be no OOC at all but please let me know if there is. Constructive criticism is allowed :)

The above video is exactly the scene where I got my inspiration from.

Without further ado, Enjoy!

"Hurting?"

The word rang through Dick's head in echoes as his breath hitched before continuing his sentence.

"Try traumatized, I finally become leader and end up sending all my friends to their deaths."

He shivered at the mere thought of it as recollections and memories came in waves. Stronger and more painful. He clasped his hands together and exhaled slowly before proceeding.

"I know I did what I had to but... I hated it."

"When we started this team, I was desperate to be in charge."

He trembled a little more and fumbled. He was unraveling slowly but surely in the slowest way possible.

"B-but not anymore... and that's not even the worst of it..."

His face felt hot and tears threatened to form in his eyes. How could he be so weak? Falling apart from a fake reality where nothing even really happened.

"You can't tell Batman..."

He clasped his hands a little tighter, trying his best to pull himself together. He was trained to be calm no matter what circumstances he was in. He can't falter and neither does he allow it. Another deep breath to soothe his body as Black Canary talked. He was hoping she wouldn't notice.

"Nothing leaves this room." She mentioned.

"I've always wanted, expected t-to grow up and become him a-and the hero bit? I'm still all in but that thing, inside of him. The thing t-that drives him to sacrifice everything for the sake of his mission... That's not me..."

A thought clicked inside his mind. If he can't even make his father proud or be a good team leader, why even be a hero? Why still do this?

"I-I don't want to be 'The Batman' anymore."

It was decided. His mind is made up. He stood up from his seat and clenched his fists slightly. He turned his head away for a moment.

"Robin?" Black Canary asked with concern.

Robin closed his eyes then looked back at the Black Canary. Her stare has softened and looked at Robin with genuine concern. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"This is for the best" he mentally noted.

"I'm quitting the team, I don't deserve the right to be here and I'm too inexperienced to continue. Here's my resignation letter."

Robin pulled out the keys to his room in the Mount Justice and pressed it inside the blonde's hands. She looked bewildered and quickly stood up from her seat and placed her hand on his shoulder.