let's talk about fonts

For today's topic, we will be discussing about fonts

For today's topic, we will be discussing about fonts. As we all know, fonts take a big impact on your artwork or even on any single thing around us. Because duh it is the text part. And for your artworks, it is important that you don't just balance or harmonize the objects section but also your fonts.

There are numerous type of fonts out there and choosing one that suits your genre is important. So let's see. I'll list down the types of covers and what kind of font I use. This is based on my judgment okay as well as what I normally see online:

Romance or Blend covers =  Serif and Cursive

-Because it is formal and could blend in properly with the objects you have. You can also use sans serif ones.

Humor or Teenfic covers = Cartoon and Thick Cursive

-This one is supposed to be easier to read and more fun to look at. Thick cursive are fonts that are most probably used for calligraphy I guess.

Sci-fi and Horror covers = Grunge or what's appropriate 

-Honestly, I rarely make covers like this. Even though I've been in the graphic world for two years, I'm still not that good in this type of covers. But on what fonts you should on this one, depends on the type. It is easy to find those fonts in your font downloading sites.

(This aren't all the types of covers. I know oki. But these are the most common ones.)

Speaking of  font downloading sites, I download fonts from dafont.com

I am so loveeee this site, it like houses all the fonts I need. There are certain sections where you can download your favorite fonts.

One tip or thing I do is that I group them.

you know the feeling when you're almost done

with your cover and you'll only need to work on the text

then you don't know what font to use

So what I do is this:

I group all of my fonts are installing and downloading them based on how I'll use them

I group all of my fonts are installing and downloading them based on how I'll use them. It became easier for me since when I'm on the typography part, I would look at this folders and choose what fonts to use.

So, that's it for today's lesson!
I hope you learned a lot from this.

Maybe I'll upload a font recommendation part next.