Chapter 2

When I got back to the dorm, AnnaBelle was sitting on her bed, completely settled in already. I still had quite a bit of unpacking to do but could care less. 

   "Hey! How was your walk?" I asked sitting down next to her.

  "Good! I just checked out the local vinyl shop and it was super cool! You should go with me next time." Even though, I wasn't big on that stuff, I agreed to it. I don't want to tell her I don't like something she thoroughly enjoys and get off on the wrong foot.

I sat there for a minute debating on whether I should mention the man in the coffee shop and I went with it.

  "So, I stopped at a coffee shop and this guy came to sit with me and starting reciting "Catcher in the Rye" and was super super cute. I never got his name though, I just hope I get to see him again."

  "The city is a big place but fate may bring you together again! Who knows! This is so exciting, though. How old did he look? On a scale of 1-10 how cute is he? Would you marry him? Do you think he is single? Do you think he has a friend to hook me up with?" She started to bombard me with all these overwhelming questions and I just laughed and went along.

   "He was definitely a 10, well if you are into preppy guys. He looked maybe 4 or 5 years older than us, but maybe he just looked young for his age. He seemed like he would be a very popular guy, so he probably has friends for you" I laughed. 

 "Eh, preppy guys aren't usually my type but I do have some acceptions, especially when it comes to musicians. Vampire Weekend are preppy and without a doubt the cutest human beings on the planet. SPEAKING OF WHICH! They are having a gig this weekend. I know you may not like their stuff or whatever, but you should definitely join me."

Why not. I should go out and do stuff for a change. I would rather be with her than by myself in my room thinking about the mysterious man.

*WEEKEND ARRIVES*

AnnaBelle was sporting a pair of ripped jeans and a nice flannel with a beanie. Her makeup was perfect. Winged eyeliner with a tint of sparkle and red lipstick. She could really pull it off, and I on the other hand, could not. I put on a pair of jeans and a button down with a scarf. I decided i would put a little mascara on. I never wear makeup but for going out, why not.

AnnaBelle was nervous we would not get a good spot since it was General Admission so we went to the venue 3 hours early and hung out in line while eating burgers that we picked up to go. Not going to lie, I was super excited! 

As the doors opened, we rushed to the stage and got front row right in the middle! AnnaBelle was freaking out and almost in tears and the concert hadn't even started yet. The opening band was pretty cool, their name was Grizzly Bear and apparently were good friends with the members of Vampire Weekend, according to AnnaBelle.

When it was time for Vampire Weekend to come on, the lights dimmed and some freaking rap music started blaring as they walked onto the stage. No idea why? AnnaBelle broke down in laughter and said something about a "Drake Review" but I had no clue what she was talking about. 

As soon as the singer went up to the mic, I recognized who it was right away and I let out a shriek, which wasn't heard because AnnaBelle was basically even singing over the band. 

IT WAS THE BOY FROM THE COFFEE SHOP. HE WAS THE LEAD SINGER OF VAMPIRE WEEKEND. ANNABELLE WOULD KILL ME FROM JEALOUSLY IF SHE FOUND OUT. I had to keep this a secret. 

I tried to hide myself whenever he looked over in my direction and I am pretty sure I went unnoticed. 

As the concert ended, I was relieved. Their music was better than I had imagined, though. He had a very good voice. I remember AnnaBelle mentioning that his name was Ezra? Well, at least I have the name now. 

I started to walk down the street when AnnaBelle stopped me.

   "Can we please please stay and meet them? A girl found their tourbus and we are going to wait for them by it."

I wanted to run away right in that instant but she was already dragging me back.

It's not like I didn't want to see him again but I didn't want to get caught up with someone like him, a celebrity. What the heck am I even saying, it's not like he ever asked me out or anything? 

After about an hour, they came out of their tourbus and Ezra headed in our direction. I could feel my face turning bright red and AnnaBelle was making these inhuman fangirl noises. 

Right when he noticed me, he let out a huge grin that made my heart melt.

*TO BE CONTINUED*