Prologue

PROLOGUE
DANCE WITH ME

PARK SOOYOUNG

A night at Han River alone couldn't get any worse. The cold breeze touched my body and played with my hair, I felt relaxed yet lonely. I have been waiting for two and a half hours for Jaeyoung, I'm craving for ramen which he had promised to eat with me but I'm afraid if I were to leave, he might come.

I sighed. I've thought about leaving during those two and a half hours, but my body demanded me to endure the night's frozen cluster. 

When I couldn't take it anymore, I stood up from the empty bench and went to a near convenience store.

I grabbed a hand warmer and while the Ahjumma is scanning the bar codes, I heard some whispers and voices referring to me.

"Omo! Is she Joy?"

"The rising website model?!"

"She's prettier in person!"

"I want to take a picture with her!"

Judging by their voices, they were still young, younger than I am. I payed and the ahjumma smiled at me, greeting me a good evening and I did the same.
Before leaving, the teenage girls ran up to me and greeted me with full respect. I looked down on them since I'm inches taller, "Annyeonghaseyo, may we take a picture with you?" the girl who looked so young asked.

I sheepishly smiled, "I'm only allowed to give autographs for now, I'm sorry," I said and they nodded their head, saying that it's okay as long as they have evidence that they've met me in person. How cute.

I gave my signatures and bid good bye. They thank me and cheered 'hwating' in unision, I gave a light chuckle and thanked them back. I left the convenience store and I went back to where I was supposed to meet him.

I finally saw him..

with someone else.

I took steps backward and hid somewhere they couldn't see me, I sneaked a look and watched them, luckily I was close and I could hear what they were talking about.

"Hyunwoo, I don't want to be your rebound anymore," the girl cried and Jaeyoung came near her, my heart broke when he gave her a warm embrace. "I don't want to ruin any relationships."

"I can always break up with Sooyoung, Hyejeong-ah," Jaeyoung stated with a playful smirk on his face. "Really?" the girl named Hyejeong asked with an annoying tone which Jaeyoung must've thought cute.

I didn't dare to watch any longer when Jaeyoung wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned his head closer to hers. I felt hot liquid flowing down from my eyes and I cursed.

Damn! I shouldn't cry over guys.

I ran away from the area and went inside my car. I leaned my head against the driver's wheel and there, I cried loud. I cried 'til my heart's content and I suddenly felt numb.

I reached the point where I couldn't cry anymore, I couldn't smile nor react to anything that's happening outside this vehicle, however, my ringing phone caught my attention.