Desperate Move.

~ NICOMAINE ~

PBA FINALS 2017

It was 0.05 seconds on the game clock when the Champions were finally decided. 

Finally, after almost an hour of an incredible display of athleticism from two powerful teams, the strongest prevailed. 

And once again, for the third time in a row, the Barangay Ginebra defended their trophy as they are crowned as the PBA FINALS 2017 Champions.

The cheers erupt like an auditory volcano. It is all quiet one second and then deafening the next, rising to a crescendo and then falling to a trickle before the same nervous tension commands silence once more.

The crowd, the ever supportive basketball enthusiasts screamed their hearts out and celebrated all out as the team took their trophy while giving thanks to all the fans.

Maine was, of course, one of the crowd. She was literally in tears when they heard the final buzzer. Her team put up a good fight and she couldn't be more proud.

Especially with Richard.

Without any doubt, Richard was awarded as the Finals MVP and soon enough, she's pretty sure she'll get the Season MVP award, too. This wasn't the first championship that the team has won, but she has never seen him show so much passion and dedication. 

It made her love him more.

It made her want him more for herself.

And then there's this someone else, savoring the MVP award with him.

Cassie.

The awarding that usually last for another 30 minutes finally started. Her name was mentioned quite a lot during the thank you speeches of each player. It is somehow expected from them, knowing how she never missed a game. Not once. Her support was all out.

She was originally planning to leave early because even before the game started, win or lose, she has already made a reservation at a prestigious bar where the boys could celebrate an amazing series. She had to leave them first since she's clearly won't be part of the dug-out celebration that happens after the awarding.

But she couldn't leave yet.

She waited for his turn to give a speech.

Of course, he thanked God, knowing how religious Richard is. Then he thanked his family, his teammates, the coaching staff, the fans, and then her.

She felt her face turn red when he took his to look for her in the crowd to thank her. She felt her heart swell when he said how much he (well, they) appreciated her all out support and that they championship is not only for them and the fans but also for her.

Call her crazy, but for her, at that moment, it was enough. His smile and gratitude was all worth it.

She subtlety approached the team's coach to let him know that she'll be going ahead first.

"Coach Tim, I'll go ahead first. I'll see you and the guys sa bar. Okay? Congratulations!"

"Well, see you then, hija. Thank you very much!"

She was about to leave because she thought his speech is over.  

But then, it wasn't..

"And sorry, one more thing. I want to take this chance to dedicate this championship and this MVP award to the most important person in my life. My inspiration. My rock. My future wife...