01. Date Needed

"and that's where you're wrong, pineapples do not belong on pizza!" I yelled at Lia "that's like milk before cereal, you just don't do it!"

she playfully rolled her eyes "shut up and just drive to school."

                                 ☺

  I sat down at the lunch table next to my best friend, Lia and on the other side of me was Jake. I met Jake last year in 10th grade, we became pretty close when I seen him at a party and realized he was in my health class. Jake is a package though, you'll never see him without Dylan and Justin.. at this point i'm almost convinced they shower together. I don't talk to either one of Jakes sidekicks much because they've never made much of an effort to talk to me, unless they're drunk and unknowingly flirt with me.

oh and for me, I'm Talia but everyone just calls me Tal.. unless they're mad at me, then i'm Fucking Talia. I'm very much an introvert, I stay to myself and love staying home but my group of friends is very much 'let's party 24/7 and get blackout drunk!!' so I tend to get dragged along with them. I've only been blackout drunk once, I remember nothing about that night other then CHUGGING fireball. No one else seemed to remember anything else about that night either so i've been wondering how I even got home that night and got changed into pajamas.. maybe my friend Aubrey that was there drunkinly changed me.

I bring the black out drunk story up because in a week and a half its new years, and that means the huge senior party is coming up. It's a tradition in my school that on New Year's eve the seniors throw a party and everyone gets as drunk as they possible can. This party has only two rules.. #1 NO FRESHMAN unless your older brother or sister is going because freshman are too immature and act stupid & #2 don't drink and drive, everyone can sleep at the house the parties at if they need to.

"oh yeah, Tal who's your date gonna be for the party?" Lia asked.

"uhm, I don't think I'm gonna bring a date this year.. probably just gonna go alone." I had forgotten about bringing a date and the whole 'new years kiss' thing. Who was Lia even gonna go with?

Lias eyes grew wide "no date? are you okay? You need a date! you like totally can't go without one! that's breaking the rules!" she's a bit dramatic.

"who's your date?" Justin asked.

"someone. you'll find out" Justin shrugged then looked back down at his phone. Lia looked at Jake and smiled. I think she would be good with Jake, they get along well. They're like the same person but also completely different and I think they oddly compliment each other. He's so tall and she's so short they're just meant to be.

  brrrrringg

   and back to class I go.

I tossed all of my cute clothes on the bed. Lias right, I need a new years date and i'm gonna find one tonight, at the beach bonfire.

I try on mutiple outfits, none of them seem perfect.

shorts and a crop top? no.

Dress and sandals? no.

simple leggings and a t shirt? definitely no.

"i'm just gonna go naked" I muttered to myself.

As soon as I said that, a lightbulb went off in my head.. and not the naked lightbulb.