Chapter One

“So you want a piece of me? Too bad. It’s your funeral today.”

With one blow of his axe cane another head rolled over the ground. A loud growl made House turn around.

“Damn.” He cursed as he saw a horde of zombies approaching him. “Today is not my lucky day.” House mumbled to himself. “But it’s not yours either.” Blood splattered against the walls of the rehab center. It was hard to see the red pools of blood everywhere in this darkness.

For some reason the lights had given out. House blamed God for his misfortune. With a groan the creature fell to the ground, making the others behind him stumble over him.

“You guys might even be more stupid than my doctors.” A smirk showed on his face as he watched the scene before him, not feeling the need to run away. As he pressed the button on his cane to make the axe disappear, a horrifying sound echoed through the center.

The sound actually startled Gregory and gave him goose bumps. It wasn’t anything compared to the zombies before him. No, this sound was terrifying and you could feel it in your whole body. 

“Guess I’m not the only one here.”

Until now he had thought only he was suffering from this strange delusion, he was sure now though there was another human in the building.

“Shit.” Another curse left his lip, when he noticed how close the zombies had gotten.

Quickly he turned around and started walking, fast. House tried to ignore the pain he was in, his leg was throbbing. Another scream made him want to go faster. He knew he was getting closer to the source of the sound.

Suddenly a hand grabbed his shoulder with great force. Who knew zombies were that strong? A groan left his throat as he could feel himself getting pulled back. The horde of ugly, dead, smelling creatures would soon put their teeth in his flesh. That would be fatal and it would probably mean he would become one of them. House had already spotted some familiar faces. Weak. He had thought, but now seeing what the monsters were capable of he was almost ready to feel sorry for them. Although he would never admit he was wrong.

“You dead people never learn, do you?” Gregory asked, almost out of breath from fighting them off of him.

The scream filled the rehab center again, for some reason it sounded more urgent to House now. It gave him enough reason to keep on fighting. He might not be worth saving, but whoever was in here with him did. Moaning, groaning and blood was all House could see and hear the next few seconds.

“Enough is enough.”

With a satisfying smirk plastered on his face, Gregory left a pile of zombies behind him. The screaming had stopped and it was unsettling. Making his way through the pit dark hallways of the rehab center, House got slightly nervous about what he was going to find next. Finally he could hear soft moaning and whimpers behind a door, they were different from creatures and were definitely human.

“I’m not letting anyone else die today.” He promised himself, before he carefully dared opening the door.