Suck and Blow

Saturday night; the time for wild teenage parties where a group of your peers get together and drink, do drugs, dance (for lack of a better word), and have sex.

    Exactly the type of thing that I typically try to avoid.

    Unfortunately, my best friend is a social butterfly and is dragging me to one of the aforementioned parties...

    Yay me.

    Jessica Brooke. My best friend of nine years. We're basically opposites; she's short, has blonde hair, brown eyes, is skinny, tan, and a cheerleader while I'm tall, have brown hair, grey-blue eyes, am chubby, pale, and a huge geek. She tries to get me to be more social, but I prefer to just stay in, wear sweatpants with my hair tied up, and eat snacks while watching Netflix.

~**~

    Instead of my beautiful bed, blankets, and anime, Jess is making me put on a low cut dress that shows off my cleavage, death trap high heels, underwear that is way too sexy for my standards, and is having me keep my hair down in loose curls. To sum it up, I look nothing like myself aside from my glasses.

    Once I'm finally dressed and made up the way she wants me, Jess takes me to the car and we drive to the party. My face scrunches up in exasperation when I notice that we've just pulled up to Marcus Peterson's house. Marcus, the boy who is only popular because of his parties and sex escapades. Marcus, the boy who stares at me in the library when I'm studying or reading a book. Marcus, the boy I have a crush on.

    "Jess! Why are we here, of all places?"

    "Because this is where the party is." she replies with a 'duh' tone.

    "I want to go home." I say, crossing my arms.

    "Oh, come on! We're already here and you promised to come with me and make sure that I don't drink too much."

    I sigh in resignation before throwing the door open and getting out, grumbling profanities under my breath. I can physically feel her smiling at my back.

~**~

    I regret my decision already. I think to myself when I walk in and get my ears attacked by the loud music.

    Jess wraps her arms around my waist and guides me over to the kitchen where someone immediately hands the both of us something to drink in red solo cups. How cliché. I sniff mine before drinking it, figuring out that it's just jack and coke. Jess downs hers and then moves on to body shots. I watch her go through eight before I stop her and move her to the living room where she gladly starts dancing and grinding on a boy who looks like he just hit the jackpot. Can't really blame him, she is really hot.

    I mostly stay to myself off to the side, watching over her and drinking a few cups of the jack and coke.

    About an hour and a half later, she runs off to the bathroom and my head is spinning from the alcohol. I start to step forward and follow her to make sure she's okay when a strong pair of arms snake around my waist and stops me. I turn my head to look at who it is with an eyebrow raised when I see it's Marcus. I immediately tense up and feel my face get hot.

    "Hey, cutie. What're you doing all alone?"

    "I'm actually waiting on my friend to come back from the bathroom." I say, gesturing towards the direction of the bathroom.