Three

When we got to the hospital, the waiting room was completely empty. As we made out way to our parent's room, I stopped dead in my tracks. What if they were still unconscious? What if they woke up, but they don't remember us? I always think of worst case scenarios, and this was no different from any other time.

I guess Chase noticed that I stopped, because he did, too. He was just looking at me, and I was just looking at him.

"Amanda," he said, "we have to face the facts. Sure, the doctors say that there isn't much hope, but we still have to have hope. We need to believe that they are going to wake up, get better, and come home." He said this with enthusiasm, as if he was giving me a pep talk. Yet all I could do was stare at him.

After a few seconds, I finally got the courage to stand up straight, hold my head high, and plaster a smile onto my face. I looked at my brother, "You're right." That was all I said before walking around the corner to my parents' room.

My parents' empty room.

*************************************

AUTHORS NOTE

I really do have to say that I don't like these things that much but I also want to say sorry for the short update. I had this idea and couldn't go to bed without writing it. I hope you guys are liking it so far!