A hard decision

They could tell something was off with him but they just couldn't tell what.

Scott had watched Avi pacing the floor for the last half an hour without saying a word.

Actually, he hadn't talk much to none of the group in a couple of days and that was super weird, since Avi had always had something to say.

His long silence, this sudden closure towards all of them was making all uncomfortable, even the newest crew member that couldn't even get how weird the entire situation was.

Only Esther seems to be able to get few words out of her brothers mouth and for few nights in a row they have seen her climb into Avi's bed and talked to him all night.

Too bad they never understood what they were talking about but they could guess that it was something serious.

They didn't even know how this whole situation started.

They remembered Avi getting a phone call and suddenly go quiet.

Esther told them that something bad happened back at home but she couldn't say what.

-It's not for me to tell you-she had whisper -But you're his family almost as much as me so he would tell you, I promise. I just don't know when-

She was trying not to show her worry, but they have been living elbow to elbow for a couple of years and have known her for even more, so they could all tell that something was off.

And then Avi stopped talking and started pacing the floor. He took even longer walks than the ones he usually took and a couple of times Kevin and Mitch and to go to look for him around the city.

-Avi can you please tell us what's going on?-

Kirstie voice break the bass' silence bubble and he looked at her like he didn't even know she was there.

-I'm sorry, it's......-he was about to say something but then changed his mind.

-Nothing. Everything is fine guys, I swear-

-Brother I'm kinda offended that you thing we would buy this lie. We have lived together for more than 5 years, I know when something is bothering you and so do the others-Kevin said, pointing to all the rest of Pentatonix.

-Just tell us what is bothering you. We can help you-

-No, you can't! That's the whole point, you can't help me! No one can!-Avi shouted and everyone went quiet.

They've never seen him react like this, not even when his long time girlfriend had left him because she said they didn't see each other often enough to keep a relationship going, and Avi had been cantankerous for weeks after that. They only later had discovered that he was planning to ask for the girl's hand next time they met.

Even Esther was taken aback from the reaction.

-Avi......-she tried to say, walking towards her brother, but he moved away, his eyes widened.

-I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean to yell at you. You don't deserve that-

-It's ok daddy, We just wanted to know what's going on. You're making us worry-explained Mitch smiling, but, instead of reassuring him, that smile seemed to scare Avi even more.

-I didn't mean to...... You don't deserve that-the bass repeat, walking away from them.

Scott was about to follow him when Esther stopped him.

-Let me go. He need us-every Pentatonix member seemed to agree on Scott's words and they could see a lightning of pain cross the woman face.

-You may be right Scotty, but, trust me, seeing you guys.......It would only hurt him more-