Chapter 5: Mondays

It was Monday once again. You awoke in bed as the sunlight hit your face. Your eyes fluttered open and you grimaced as the light hit your retinas. Letting out a yawn, you looked at the time on your phone. "Six AM," you thought to yourself. You took your phone off of its charger and unlocked it. Deciding to go on social media, you went on [favorite social media website] and looked at some pictures until your parents woke up.

     Finally, you heard some rustling in the room beside yours. Your [parent] must have gotten up. You got up as well, and began getting ready. A tee-shirt, jeans and a necklace should suffice. Getting a pair of socks, you ran downstairs to eat some toast and do your hair. "[y/n]!" Your [parent] called. "Good morning!" They smiled. "Uh, yeah, morning," you rushed, trying to get everything done. You ate your toast as you did your hair and grabbed your phone. Sitting down, you were happy to have the extra time this morning. You thought and thought about the new teacher. Thinking about him gave you this new feeling in your chest. A new found happiness must have taken over. You looked at your phone until it was time to go to the bus stop.

After a long wait, the bus came. You got on, sat where you usually sit, and sat there for an hour, listening to music until you arrived at school. You got off the bus and eagerly walked in. Your friends greeted you with smiles and waves. "Hey, [y/n]!" One of your familiars laughed, happy to see you. You nodded and walked to where your best friend, Leah, was sitting. "Hey, Leah..." You whispered to get her attention. "[y/n]! You're here!" Leah practically yelled with enthusiasm. "Shhh!" You laughed as you quieted her. "Not so loud! Hey, have you seen Jason? Is he here?" You looked around but only saw your other two teachers. Leah gave you a smug look and said, "no I haven't seen him today." You sighed and sat next to her. "Alright," you began, "I hope he shows up today, though. I've been looking forward to school all weekend." You wrapped your arms around your knees as you sat. You felt someone lingering behind you. You soon began to get paranoid and looked back, and it was Jason! Jason? Why was he behind you? You let out a small shout as you got startled. He chuckled and walked out from behind you. "Sorry," he started, "I didn't mean to scare you." He smiled and walked away, over by the other teachers. Leah nudged your arm and smirked at what happened. "Your face is red!" She teased, still nudging your arm. "Stoop!" You complained. "Why the hell was he behind me?"
"Well there is a door right there" she pointed to a door about five steps away from you. "Maybe he was just watching everyone from where he was." Leah proposed. "I suppose." You said as you began to wonder.

Classes passed by like a car on the highway. Eventually, history class came. You were excited. Already in the room, you took out your notebook for history and your sketch book to sketch your emotions out on paper. Jason strolled into class, looking around. He looked like a lion looking for its prey. He was quiet, but you could always feel he was there. You heard his quiet steps make it over to his desk before a flood of your classmates swarmed into the room. You put away your sketch book, this is the only class you truly were paying attention to anymore.

Jason began teaching more about the French Revolution. He talked about how the French were unsettled by the queen saying something like "let them eat cake." Mmm cake, you thought. You hadn't eaten much at lunch today, because you felt nauseous most of the time. You began fantasizing about cake, but were interrupted by the teacher calling your name. "[y/n]. Are you going to answer the question?" He asked with a sort of serious tone. You shook off your desire for cake, looking confused, but tried to hide it. "I'm sorry," you spoke shyly, "what was the question again? I'm not feeling too well today."
Jason mumbled something under his breath, looking smug about whatever he said. He then repeated his question. "True or false, the guillotine was used during this time period." You knew this for sure. What an easy question! "True!" You said confidently. "Correct, next question." The rest of what he said was muted by your thoughts. You were embarrassed. How could I have not been paying attention like that?! You thought, making yourself seem stupid. Leah was taking notes next to you and you decided it was time to catch up. "Leah, hey." You whispered. "Can I copy some of your notes?"
"Sure." She answered in a quieter whisper.

The class was now finished and everyone was getting ready to go. They were all chatting and making loud noises. The bus line was eager to go, you got on the end of the line like you usually do. The line began moving. You looked to your left and you saw Jason sitting in his office writing. You got butterflies as you slowly walked away. Until tomorrow.