Out of tune

--PROLOGUE--

So IRONIC…

Kung kailan nakabisado ko na yung kantang pareho ninyong gustong kantahin, tsaka siya nawala ng parang bula. Kung kailan maayos at umaayon ang lahat sa gusto niyo, saka ka niya tatalikuran. Kung kailan natutupad na ang lahat ng plano at pangarap niyo, saka ka niya iiwan. Kung kailan malakas na ako na sabihing Mahal mo siya, tsaka niya sasabihing “Ako hindi na”. Kung kailan ok ka na, saka ka niya bibitawan.

Upon hearing the version Ogie and Regine’s “PANGARAP KO ANG IBIGIN KA” , tsaka nag sink-in lahat. All the hurt, all the lost love, all the broken promises, all shattered hopes and dreams. I cried a lot when he told me that he’ll be leaving me. All the words that came through his mouth played like a sound of an echo being projected on a deep well. Words kept repeating in my thought like a disoriented CD.

As what other people said, “The best is yet to come”. Let me just rephrase that, it’s not the BEST that coming, it’s the WORST that’s on it’s way. Sadly, dip ala yun ‘yon. Fudge! Things were just about to get worst!

If only I could redo everything on my existence to change what already happened and keep it from ever happening, but I guess it’s too late for me to do that. To begin with, he’s not that good-looking according to my friends but for some reason that I don’t know was that, a part of him, I don’t know how big, always leaves me defenseless.

His name is Ronnie, a typical type of person that you can always see on an everyday life on this earth. He’s a singer, just like me. And what sucks about that fact was he was the only one who knew how to make our voices a music to the ear.

When I finished downloading the song on my smart phone, I said to myself that “ Finally! May kopya na ako! ”. I was so happy and overwhelmed on the first few seconds of the realization, I even smiled my widest smile while holding my phone on the jeepney homebound. But as I sighed my relief and excitement and breathe in again, a heavy feeling in my chest came through right at the moment the oxygen filled my lungs. Then, a voice in my head finally spoke up. “ Sino kasama mong kakanta nito? Who’s going to do other part of the song?”. By then, I realized that I was the only one left, without rhyme and melody.

Here I am alone in the dark of my room, lying on my bed, counting how many days have passed and how many hours have I missed without him. Part of me wants to let go but part of me’s telling me to “Just hold on, he’ll be back just as he promised.”