1

My mum doesn't give me a lot rules that I need to follow, but there's one she insists on: Living a normal girls' life. That means hiding my real me, because if I wouldn't do that I would probably die. Why? Because I'm different. I'm not like the others. Because I have something none of the others have. My mum calls it a gene. It is inheritable over generations which means none of my parents necessarily have to have it and they don't. The last one in my family who had the gene was my ten times great-grandmother and the only thing that she left was a bunch of diaries which help me to live with this gene. I'm sure you want to know what gene it is... but I won't tell you... I promise you'll find out soon.

"Lucy?" I wasn't paying attention and of course the teacher had to call me. My beloved enemy prompted me the answer... well I thought it was the answer and said it out loud. My teacher then looked at me like I was a stupid little hamster and Tommy (my beloved enemy) started to laugh what made me punch his arm. Why did I fall for that? My teacher shook his head and asked somebody else for the answer. The bell rang and everybody jumped off their seats and went outside. My best friend and I slowly walked to our Latin class. The teacher was already there, but he didn't care that we were late. He's a little weird and dreamy, but he's cool.

My friend Susan and I were standing in front of the mirror in the restroom of the dancing school. Our class had our first ballroom dancing lesson and we were just fixing our makeup, so we wouldn't look like a piece of shit. We were gossiping and laughing. The time was there. Poor me I was the only one who didn't have a partner for dancing so I would get an assistance by the dancing school. We walked up the stairs into the room were the lesson would be. When we saw the guy I would have to dance with we had to refrain from laughing. He was about half a head smaller than me and his had was way too big. But don't judge people just by their looks right? He was weird. He was very nice, but weird. He talked about weird stuff and i was feeling very uncomfortable. I tried to handle it the best way I was able to, because I didn't want him to have the power to destroy the fun of the dancing class. I have to admit that I as very happy when we had to switch partners a couple of times during the class.

As we walked to the bus station the girls of course wanted to know how he was like, so I told them.

Back home my mom wanted to know how my first dancing class was, too and at the end of the day I was happy I could finally go to bed, because Monday always is a very exhausting day. I was afraid that I would have to dance with this guy at prom, because that was definitely the last thing I would want. This prom was very important for me and I've been waiting for it for 4 years and I wanted it to be as perfect as possible. I don't know why, but I love proms. I love dancing. I would say I am a kind of Cinderella. Basically I was very excited about that whole prom dancing thing and that guy, his name was Alex by the way, would definitely not have the power to destroy my prom I had to make that clear.

I lied in my bed and turned on some music. It helps me to fall asleep. I don't know why. I woke up in the middle of the night. I had a nightmare. I was out of breath and my pajama was sticking to my wet body. I closed my eyes and breathed deep and slowly. I took my phone to look at the time. 4:30am. I sighed and got out of my bed. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. When I got out it was 4:50am. I went to the kitchen to drink something before I lied back down and tried to sleep for another hour then I would need to get up for school.