CHAPTER 7: JUST A DREAM

i'm really really thrilled that you're still reading this! :D 

xoxo

---------------------------------------

CHAPTER 7: JUST A DREAM

It’s dark. I feel so suffocated. It’s like all the air is being sucked out of my lungs. My legs are cramped and folded close to my chest. I rocked slowly back and forth and waited for their call. Every single time they would shout for my name and every single time, when they find me hiding here in this empty closet, eyes shut and praying, they would drag me out and hit me. With all their might, they would hit me. And I would struggle against them. I would kick and thrash my arms out wildly while silently begging to whomever God I could think of, to end all of this. I just wanted it to stop….all of it.

                But this time, their call did not come. I strained my ears for anything, just anything that would tell me their waiting for me out there ready to beat me to death like they usually do. I slowly lifted my head, my heart beating faster by the second. I could feel my heartbeat reverberating throughout my entire body. I’m scared.

After a few more minutes, I mustered the courage to open the closet door ever so slightly and I took a cautious peek outside. I could not see them. I opened the door a little bit more and craned my neck outside to quietly browse the cold hallways of the house. Nothing. No one seems to be home. In fact the house feels eerily quiet. There’s no sign of any living soul.

                I stepped outside of my hiding place and took careful steps down the deserted hallway. I headed towards the door, turned the knob and stepped outside of the cursed house. Relief flooded through me. The feeling of freedom overwhelmed me like nothing could hinder me anymore. I walked forward determined to farther my distance from the house. I glanced back one last time and told myself that this is finally it. I headed forward speeding up my pace and then broke into a run. I ran across the streets free and happy. Just then, while the feeling of freedom washes through me, I saw a car speeding towards me. My heart skipped a beat. One moment I was running free, the next thing I knew, I got hit by a car. I fell to the ground with nothing going through my mind. Then, everything went blank….

                I felt someone lightly shaking my shoulders. I woke with a start. So it was just a dream. It felt so real. I felt fresh hot tears streaming down my face. I’ve just relived some of the most horrible experiences of my life, if not the most horrible of them all. I cringe away from the thought of reliving it again even if was just a dream. It was just too painful for me. I was so bothered by it that I haven’t even noticed Mike standing beside me with a concerned look on his face. I quickly looked away and wiped my tear stricken face with my blanket.

                “Here.” Mike said as he wiped away my remaining tears with his white handkerchief. He cupped my face lightly with his other hand as he did so. I shied away from him though I appreciate his concern.

                “Where’s Jared?” realizing that he’s nowhere to be found. My voice came out a little bit hoarse, probably from sleep or from crying.

                “He had some things to take care of. He’s busy like that you know.” Mike said as he sat back down on the chair.

                “Oh, right.” I didn’t know what to say to that. I almost forgot that Jared also has a life. I just realized that I barely knew the guy. Actually, I don’t know him at all except for the fact that he’s the driver of the car that hit me and he has a friend, Mike, who’s sitting right here beside me with a studying expression on his face.

                “Hmm… you know Anne, you can tell me everything. I’m a very good listener.” Mike said as he leaned closer to my bed resting his elbows on his knees. I realized that what he’s referring to was my unexpected crying episode earlier. I’m a little reluctant on sharing my dream to this guy. Like I’ve said, I barely know Jared let alone his friend. But there’s something about Mike that makes me feel comfortable with. Even though I’ve known him only for a couple of hours, it’s like we can be friends. Weird, I know but hey, at least I could have someone to talk to. So I’ve decided to open up.

                “Do really want to know?” I asked a little unsure of with my decision. He looked at me straight in the eye and smiled a warm smile. And with a determined look on his face, he said,

                “Of course.” 

----------------------------------------------------------

So you've met my new character, Mike. like him so far? 

will be updating soon! thank you so much for reading! 

comments are highly requested! 

comment, vote, fan - i would really appreciate it!

xoxo-mai

P.S. 

Check out my latest book FINDING DESTINY - be captivated by this unique story about friendships, family, shooting stars and lucky pennies. Keep your fingers crossed and let's get to know Summer Evans. http://www.wattpad.com/story/1391990-finding-destiny