Twenty

CAMI'S POV

There was a tremendous breaking sound coming from behind me as I was knelt down looking for the small pin that had fallen from my top, holding it closed.

I froze, my body unable to move as the worst scenario flashed through my mind. Mr. Horane had left a note saying he'd be back until five, that was almost an hour from now. There was no way he'd be back so early. The idea of an intruder that would assassinate me was the only thought running through my mind, my body was trembling.

Almost by instinct, and with the little braveness I could muster, I prompted my head up and turned to face where the loud noise had emerged from.

My face went pale in fright as I scanned upwards the two long legs standing still in front of the entrance; but it was soon replaced by pure confusion when my sight reached his face. What was he doing here?

I don't know how long we stood still, my lips unable to form a coherent sentence. He was just standing there, absorbing my posture and face before he snapped out of his unknown trance and spoke.

"Cam... As much as I'm enjoying the view, can you stand up?," he turned his head, his cheeks tingled with a slight pink.

I scrambled to my feet immediately, embarrassed by my compromising position, straightening my short uniform skirt down.

Just then, I cursed under my breath for having put on this stupid uniform. I hadn't worn it in so long, it was a bit too tight in specific areas, but still decided to wear it since my mother would always nag me about it and this way I looked like an actual maid.

I cleared my throat, noticing Harry was back to staring at me. I was growing a bit flustered.

"Can you stop?," I rudely asked.

Confusion flashed through his eyes as he raised his eyebrows.

"Staring at me... It makes me uncomfortable."

Harry chuckled. "Well now you know how it feels," he smirked, taking a few steps towards me.

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I lowered my head, wishing the earth could open up a hole and swallow me.

"I'm just teasing you, Camila," he spoke humor lacing his husky voice, raising my chin with his index.

"It's just... that uniform suits you very well," Harry's gaze lingered on my low cut top, the tightness of the light blue top making my chest bulged up. I turned away, taking steps back.

"I'm just kidding, Cam. Relax!" He smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I blurted out rather harshly.

I was a bit perplexed by Harry's presence in the flat, it was too much of a coincidence to be just a casualty. He obviously knew I would ask that but he seemed lost in thought pondering wether or not to answer truthfully.

"Well... I'm here to visit my friend," he replied slowly, as if he were trying to convince himself rather than me.

"Oh, how nice of you." I had to get back I work. "But, I've got to continue working," I fiddled with my fingers, gaze dropping to them.

Harry laughed lowly, "I didn't mean you. I meant Ni- Neil."

"Oh. Mr Horane is out, he'll be back at 5," why did I think he was here to visit me? and why would he? Plus, he probably didn't even know I was here.

"I know, I'll wait. Don't mind me," Harry smiled, taking a seat on the couch I had previously been searching under.

I took a deep breath, "Okay," I exhaled.