Chapter 1

Thank you so much for all the support on my other stories and I hope you enjoy this one. I'll try and update this story, if it's liked, as soon as possible. I do have a lot of school work on my hands too...but I'll try. ^~^

------------------------------------------------------

~Mutsumi's POV~

Darkness. That's how every story, every movie, every beginning start. Darkness can be comforting, but terrifying as well.

I couldn't move. Not a muscle. I don't usually have fears but this one in particular makes me just want to curl up and die.

I was locked in the storage closet at school. My brother locked me in here. He was mad at me for some reason.

I was scared. It was dark. It had been almost 2 hours already. I don't know what time it was but I know school was over. Everyone was gone. It was quiet. "I'm going to be stuck here all night" I said quietly. I could hear my voice breaking. Slowly, something warm rolled down my cheek. A tear? I thought. More tears started to fall from my eyes until I started to full on cry.

~Shinomiya's POV~

It's late. I'm exhausted. I had to stay after school to finish a project. And the people who were supposed to help with the project didn't even show up. So I had to wait almost an hour, in the science classroom for my team members. Because they didn't show, I decided to go home.

All of a sudden, I heard something quiet. I stopped to listen. Was that my imagination? Or did I just hear crying? I thought to myself. It wasn't my imagination though. There really was crying. It sounded like it was coming from the storage closet that was a couple feet away from me.

"Hello?" My voice was shaky. Why is it always shaky?

~Mutsumi's POV~

Huh? Was that...Shinomiya?

I wiped my eyes and slowly said quietly "I'm in here"

Footsteps approached the door and then the door opened. I guessed right. On the other side of the door was Shinomiya.

"What are you doing in here?" He asked. "I was locked in here by my brother" I answered quietly.

He then reached a hand down to help me up. I took his hand hesitantly and slowly stood. He smiled up at me and I slowly smiled back. His hand was warm and soft and gentle. I couldn't help it but I hugged him.

I could feel Shinomiya tensing up but eventually he hugged back. We just hugged for a bit til he said he was late for dinner.

So we said our goodbyes and I watched him as he left the school.

What is this feeling?