Chapter 21

Chapter 21

{Skylar}
I watch them drive away and wipe the tears that are spilling from my eyes. Conner wraps his strong arms around my waist from behind and kisses the top of my head. "You'll be alright. We'll be alright, okay? We'll figure something out together, okay?" He says into my ear and I nod my head slightly. "I know that Conner, but my momma will never see it." I whisper and he turns me around to look at him. "It'll be okay Skylar. You have me, and I have you. So lets figure this out together." He says and I nod my head as I kiss him softly. I wrap my arms around the back of his neck as his arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me closer to him.

We pull away and I blush deeply as he smiles down at me and kisses the top of my head. "You're too cute, and the Moon Goddess really did bless me by making you my mate." Conner says and I blush deeply at his words. "Nope.....you're wrong. I'm the lucky one here. You're absolutely perfect, and you're all mine." I say and pull him into a hug. "Let's go address the pack, shall we?" Conner says in a soothing tone of voice and I follow him as we gather around my pack as well as his. They all look....scared, confused, and afraid. Their eyes lock onto mine and I tilt my head up a little to show my mock confidence to hopefully give them some. They relax and smile at me with proud, wide eyes.

"My pack, my people, my family, my new family....I know that we are going through a lot of changes, and you all are uncertain of what will happen. I'm scared as well.....I've never been a Luna before, and I don't know what I'm doing. But I do know that I will protect each and every one of you. As long as you are in my pack or Conner's you'll be safe. I promise this to you.

"With all of this being said.....I will leave the territory to Carter partially. He will look after the pack and the territory while I go with my mate and be with him. I'll be back as often as I can, but I will still be in charge of this territory and pack. As much as this territory and pack are changing, I'm changing as well. I hope that you all can understand that, and you're still offered to leave as your own, free will. Thank you all for choosing to stay by my side as my world is being turned upside down without my control of it doing so. I will be the best Luna that I can be for each and every one of you. I just hope that I can be a good one for this territory and pack."

It's quiet for a full minute before I start to see everyone (aside from Conner and I) bow. It's a sign of respect in my territory and pack. I smile and give a slight nod and they all rise up in unison. "Why did they bow?" Conner asks and I laugh before I turn to face him. "It's a sign of respect in my territory and pack. It means that they understand, and they trust me. They're loyal to me." I answer and he nods his head. "Oh...that's rather loyal. How long has it been in your family?" He asks and I smile. "Since the pack was first started.....it's centuries old." I reply and he nods his head.

"My family....go to your homes and relax. You deserve it because this week has been a lot of you all as well as me." I say and they raise their right hand and nod before they leave. Conner laughs and looks at me and I beam with pride. "Let's go home.....please." I tell him and he nods his head before we leave.