Chapter 1.

~Flashback~

“No! He can’t be dead! It’s not true your lying to me!” I croaked out.

“Arabella! I said he’s dead! Goodbye!” My grandma spoke in a monotone voice.

No. No. I refuse to accept this. My grandpa can’t be dead. He is not dead! Why would I believe my witch of a grandma anyways? I need to call the London Center hospital. I don’t care if it costs thousands of dollars because I’m here in America.

“Hello, this is the London Center hospital how may we help you?”

“I need a confirmation on how Gerald Peterson is doing.”

“I’m sorry but he just passed away yesterday at 8:23 pm.”

“No! This can’t be happening!”

I hung up and I scanned my small dorm. I pulled out my crystal clear glass heart shaped box and opened it. I let my fingers glide themselves towards the small note that was inside.

It read:

Dear Arabella,

One day I will have to leave you. I can’t stay in this world forever. I’m leaving soon, I can feel it Arabella. I know you are only 15 right now and you might not understand everything. It’s tough. Your mother is always going to be there for you. I know your father wasn’t the best man but I got to take his place and although you are my grandchild I think of you as if you were my own. You are probably reading this because I have passed. I truly am sorry but not everyone can stay in this world for eternity. Now I need you to promise my something, I need you to explore this world, chase your dreams, I know you have an angelic voice I have heard it before. Don’t listen to your grandma; she can be a bit stuck up sometimes. So I need you to spread those wings of yours. Promise me that Arabella, that’s all I am asking you for. Promise me. I have also left you a lot of money on my will. It will help you. I love you.

Love,

Grandpa

“ I promise grandpa,” I whispered to myself.

~Flashback Over~

“Arabella? Honey wake up!” A voice called.

“What happened?” I manage to say weakly.

“You were screaming about your grandpa again”

“Oh, I’m sorry mom! It’s been three years and I still can’t believe what grandma did to us! Your own mother for heavens sake ma!” I cried out.

“I know honey, I know. I can’t believe it either.”

When I finished reading that letter three years ago I got the next flight to London with my mom. Grandpa left us plenty of money on his will for us. I remember landing and getting a taxi to Grandpa’s and Grandma’s house. I had to make sure the address was correct because when I got out of the taxi I didn’t see a small farmhouse. I saw a mansion. My mom and me knocked the door to only see my grandma.

She spat at us and she took all our money from Grandpa’s will away. She tricked grandpa in signing the will to the new arrangements. Leaving my mom and me with nothing. I can’t blame grandpa though, he was very ill at the time he didn’t know what he was signing.

We had nowhere to go. We were now poor.

Who would expect this to happen? I was just a normal 15-year-old girl living with her mom in America. I loved Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook and all those other social network things. I was pretty smart too. Gifted, that’s what my school called it. I was in advanced classes. My mom has been nothing but supportive of everything. I owe her everything. I also promised grandpa that I would pursue my dream of singing. I will spread my wings.