Story Of My Life

The road was vacant and quiet as I drove home from the studio. Me and the lads were having fun, recording some songs together for our upcoming album and we were so busy we weren't aware that it was already past midnight. I tried so hard to focus on the road because all I saw in my mind right there and then was my fluffy pillows on my comfy blue bed waiting for me to flop on it. I turn on the radio on full blast so that it would wake me up a bit. I sang along to whatever song that was played on the radio. As soon as I got home and parked my car at the driveway, I trudged to my room, flopped onto the bed, took off my shoes and in a blink of an eye I fell deep into my sleep.

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. I managed to ignore it for the first few seconds but it started deafening me.

"Shut up," I moaned and turned off the alarm. I squinted at the brightness of my phone but the words of the reminder really did pop my eyes open and got me off my bed.

"Shit! I'm already late!" I was supposed to meet Alie for breakfast at a restaurant at 9 o'clock and it's already five minutes past ten! "Mom!" I whined as I struggled in a hurry to change into a new pair of clothes. "Why didn't you wake me up? You know I have a date this morning right?" I asked as I fixed up my blonde quiff.

"I did," Mom responded from downstairs. "But you didn't even budge. And your alarm managed to wake the entire neighbors but weirdly not you." Wow I must be so exhausted, I thought. I rushed down stairs, two steps at a time and whizzed through the door.

"Bye, sweetie." Mom shouted from the kitchen when she saw me passing through faster than a bullet train.

I drove as fast as I could and I don't even care if there was a speed trap. It was supposed to be a fifteen minutes ride but because of my driving that could almost killed anyone even myself, it took only five minutes. As I parked the car, I could see through the glass window that Alie was patiently waiting for me with a cup of coffee in between her hands.

"Honey, I'm so sorry I'm late," I told her as I sat across the round small table suits for a couple. "I got home late last night after the recording in the studio. I didn't realize it was already past midnight. Then, I..."

"Niall," she held my hand that was on the table and gazed straight into my eyes with a soft smile on her face. I never got bored staring at his soft, calming face, with her long brown wavy hair fell perfectly just below her shoulder, and she always let down her hair letting the wind stroke it. She was the most beautiful women I've ever met. "It's okay. Your mom told me you're going to be a bit late. And even if she didn't I would understand that you're busy with your music. Its okay, no harm done. And nobody died," she giggled. Her sweet voice soothed me and calmed me. Now I know I was the luckiest person to have her.

"Thanks, Al. You're the best." I squeezed her hand that was holding mine and smiled. "C'mon. Let's go somewhere else. I bet you've started to get bored in here."

"But you haven't take your breakfast yet," Alie said.

"You," I touched her nose, "are my sweetest breakfast." She smiled as her face started to color.

"Ok then, whatever you say my prince," she said as she dabbed the corner of her mouth with a napkin. I walked to her side and held out my arm.

"Shall we?"

"We shall." She took my arm and we walked out of the restaurant towards my car.