Prologue

April 1474

Lifeless bodies were found lying everywhere. Disfigured. Broken. Mutilated. Thick red blood, oozing out of their pale necks, dripped down onto the old, cracked and dirty concrete. Nothing but the sound of wind could be heard, as it only gave a feeling of eeriness if someone were to pass by.

The large and bright full moon could be seen high up in the dark sky, where it gave light to the once proclaimed well-structured, organized and strong kingdom of Orcaegia, which consisted of breathtakingly beautiful Victorian-designed buildings, each having their own charms. The kingdom, which was surrounded by millions and millions of Coast Redwood trees, was found nowhere near its once gorgeous state, as building after building was devastatingly and critically destroyed. Windows smashed and parts missing, some buildings were covered in already dried blood that had turned into a color that was a mixture of dark red and brown. The kingdom was engulfed in darkness.

However, not only had the moon shone light into the kingdom, but also onto a feminine figure holding an unidentified, lifeless body by the neck, exposing her alluring, yet intense features: fierce, red eyes, staring into darkness and holding no soul but anger; lips, smeared with someone's blood; two sharp fangs, teasing their way out of her mouth; brown hair that reached her waist, disarrayed and unbrushed. Her physique screamed that of a fragile, soft and innocent girl, yet her mentality and ambition said otherwise. She was wearing a black, off-the-shoulder, long lace gown that hugged her figure and contrasted with her very pale skin. The gown had a high slit that displayed her long, slim legs. She was the epitome of effortless beauty.

However,

She merely stood there in the eerie silence, alone, isolated from everything and everyone after what she had done, but she did not give a damn about any of it. She was driven by rage and resentment towards the people she once considered her own family and blood; she swore to protect them but she found no sympathy or respect for them - only broken trust, betrayal and a burning hatred.

She took the lifeless body she was firmly holding and held it in front of her as her mouth descended onto where the shoulder and neck met. She punctured the neck roughly with her sharp fangs with no hesitation, but vast hunger, as she drank the rich blood out of the deceased body.

As soon as she was done, she threw the body to the side - it flew all the way to a nearby wall that collapsed as soon as the body made contact with it. She looked at it for a moment, abhorrence written all over her face. Even if the blood tasted divine, it still came from someone she considered revolting.

She wandered further into the kingdom, looking if there were others that, somehow, were still breathing after the destruction she intentionally created because of the initial betrayal planned by some unknown individuals, whom she has yet to find.

Unknowingly, in the spur of the moment, her ability to move was somehow restricted by an unknown being. This further enraged her. She screamed so loudly that sections of houses and other buildings crumbled but that didn't do anything about the situation she was in.

Although all her senses were on high alert, she didn't notice or sense any other presence around her, nor any suspicious behavior, which further piqued her interest and made her want to kill the bastard all the more.

Instantaneously, she was viciously attacked from behind and she smelled her blood gushing out of her body. She felt the excruciating pain from the attack on her back. She hadn't even finished recovering from the attack before she was hit in the face. There was a cracking noise as her face turned to the right upon impact. Then another solid hit made her turn her face to the opposite direction.

Her eyes, now glowing red, were fuming. She was itching to wrap her fingers around the neck of whoever was doing this to her and snap it brutally or just torture the attacker slowly until she was satisfied.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted as she was impaled by a sharp object through her neck, which made her choke harshly on her blood, which was now in her mouth. She spat it out in disgust, despite the agony she was feeling.

The restrictions on her movement abruptly disappeared and she took this chance to capture the bastard, as she had a fair idea of who it was, or rather, what it was. But another pain shot through her and she fell to the ground. She looked at her left leg and saw that a sword had pierced it all the way through.

Two. There were two of them. She cursed at whoever removed the smell of the two attackers and made them invisible to every one of her senses, which, to her dismay, could have helped her to identify the two specifically.

She trusted her intuition as she raised her body up enough to swiftly use her hand where she thought the attacker was. Her guess was right and her attacker screamed in pain, but her feeling of success after having inflicted pain on the attacker was completely and utterly replaced, as the sharp object in her neck was pushed in further, distracting her from the attacker, who managed to attack then, shooting her through the shoulder with a special weapon.

She quickly recognized the all too familiar, pungent smell of the weapon in question, which reduced her to nothing but numbness. She couldn't feel her body and was now completely frozen.

The effects of the weapon had started to take place. All she could feel was dizziness, hallucination, immobility and weariness.

The last thing she saw was the ruined and crashed establishments that she was once proud of. Her last thoughts were "Who were the menacing attackers? And how did they come to know of that special weapon? I will come back for you!" before darkness enveloped her.

There she lay on the ground, her once beautiful gown covered in blood, torn and wrecked. Her eyes were now closed and looked even paler and incapacitated.

There was no-one to ever help or look for her.

There lay she whom we now consider as once being the queen of Orcaegia, Lucia.

____________________________________

What do you guys think of the prologue of the story? I hope you guys liked it.

I apologize because we're still at the prologue of the story but I promise that I'll update as soon as possible.

I want to give my thanks to Freya for her consideration on taking my story to be edited thoughtfully and beautifully. I really appreciate it, make sure to check her profile and follow her :D