Chapter 1

It had been a normal day. Nothing was different. I woke up and smiled realizing that today was Saturday and mom and dad were off today from the lab which meant, bowling night. I smiled and sat up stretching my arms, and looked outside the window next to my bed. I could clearly see the sunrise which peeked from under the puffy, white clouds that slowly floated across the clear blue sky. I could hear the soft chirping of birds as they flew passed the open window. I stood up and smiled.

"Maybe I'll go for a run with dad today. It's a nice day out." I thought.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and put on a blue tank-top and pulled my brown hair back into a bun. I went and brushed my teeth and cleaned my face and smiled as I looked into my own reflection. Many people say that I look like my dad but I think that I look more like my mom. I had my mom's caramel brown hair and her upturned nose and curled lips which made it look like I was always smiling. But unlike my moms, my lips were a deep red like a rose while my mom has light pink lips. The one thing that I do know that I have from my dad is my athletic persona and sturdy body and not to mention my piercing green eyes. I put on my sneakers and ran downstairs. But when I went down there, I was met with mass chaos.

_____________________________________________________________

My life changed that day. Just as my life was filled with light, it quickly turned dark, just like a night sky without stars. I felt empty, alone and hopeless. I abandoned all love and joy in my heart and threw away memories that held broken promises. I was staring at a picture of a girl with her parents. All of them were smiling. I wonder what became of that girl. All that hope and joy and serenity, broken by the reality that is our world. The cold wind of night whispered softly against my skin. I clenched my teeth as I tried to understand what I was feeling. I didn't know if the ice cold feeling that I was experiencing was caused by the cold night or by the bitter loneliness that left a cold hole in my heart. I growled as tears fell down my face. What happened to me...what am I?

(Sorry for the chapter being short XD)