Prologue

Okay, our first story. Constructive critism would be appreciated :) This one is written by me, darkapocalypse9! Btw dedicated to redvelvetcat cus she is awesome like that ;) and cus she helped me with this story in addtion to making the cover :) So go check out her profile and maybe read one of her books? yea thnx :)

~darkapocalypse9

____________________________________________________________________________

I was woken by the loud clang of the cell door smashing against the stone wall. I drowsily raised my head and looked toward the entrance. Two shadows towered over me. Guards. The one on the left held out a pair of shackles.

“Put them on,” he grumbled.

I reluctantly slipped on the shackles and stepped outside my cell. I would have tried to escape, but without a weapon, even taking on some simpleton guards would prove to be difficult. The guards escorted me through several hallways towards the courtroom. We arrived at the tower bridge which divided the West Wing from the East Wing. While we were crossing, I peered at beautiful sunset. Probably the last one I’ll ever see. In my daze, I hadn’t realized I had stopped moving. A blow to the back nearly toppled me over.

“Keep walking,” one of the guards grunted.

I felt the sudden temptation to give him a clean punch, but I held back.

 We continued into the East Wing and paused at a pair of huge wooden doors. Two of the sentries nodded their heads and grasped the handles of the doors. With some difficulty, they managed to pull open the doors which appeared to weigh a ton. The guards led me through the doors, into a room. The jury members suddenly burst into murmurs as I walked up the aisle. Before me stood seven nobles, each wearing a blue robe, the attire for court sessions. The noble in the center with a long, white beard seemed to be the judge as he struck his gavel, silencing the room. One of guards forced me to kneel.

“In the death of Lord Aaron, you have been found guilty,” the noble on the right side of the judge recited," the council had discussed it, and we hereby sentence you, to two thousand years in the Underground Prison, District Five,”

Murmurs once again swept across the room. I smirked. Getting out of the Underground Prison would be nothing. Yes, that’s right; I’m already planning my escape.

“Take him away,” the judge announced.

The guards picked me up and escorted me out of the courtroom. They led me to a pair of glass doors. At that point, they blindfolded me, and only removed it upon entering the cell. They shoved me in and slammed the door shut. I heard the lock click into place as the guards marched away.  I sat in the corner, staring at the blank wall. In a wisp of smoke, a black panther with blood-red eyes sat beside me. It was Kira, one of what the nobles called “Soul Takers”. They would infest your body and posses you using dark powers, turning you into a crazed-maniac. Of course, I had tamed Kira. We had come to the agreement that he gave me dark powers, and I let him live in my body.

“You’re not actually going to stay here for the next two thousand years, are you?” Kira asked. Another smile filled my face. “You know me better than that” I replied. “I’ll have us out in under 2 years tops, got that?” Kira started at me intently. “Ok, I trust you” he finally responded.

And with that, he disappeared just as fast as he had appeared. I held my head back, staring at the ceiling. The only problem was, I didn’t have a hell of a clue how to do that escape. Amazing right?