One

"Have you heard about Peyton? Rumor has it that she has anorexia! She's barely eaten an apple every lunch!" My co-cheerleader, Olivia, spreads the fire like its the most important news the world has while my other friends seated on our table nods at her.

        I swear, gossiping is written five times on her everyday to-do list.

       "So if I don't bring a pen at school, I'm a bad student?" I ask, earning a glare from her. I really don't care though. She quickly recovers and gives me a sickly sweet smile.

      "Of course not, dear." How fake, I thought to myself.

      "Oh really? Then stop being judgemental, HOEney." I sneer, making all the other girls in our table nervously laugh.

       I gather my things and get up, the others following suite. Don't get me wrong, but, I'm not as plastic as Barbie. I only join them for lunch just because it's unreasonably mandatory for cheerdancers to have lunch together.

       I'm the cheer captain and unfortunately, I have to comply.

      I am so so so tired of all the same rumors and gossips and hot bad boys that they talk about almost everyday! Oh forgive me, my beloved ear drums.

        "Go on girls, I have to go somewhere." I say as I was leaving. They just all nod and went their different ways.

        I went out of the school building and straight to the willow tree, our meeting place.

       "Oh babe, you look smoking hot!" He's leaning on the tree, playing with his baseball. I don't know where that compliment came from, I'm just wearing my dance skirt, a gray v neck and a knitted black jacket. Nothing too revealing.

        "Oh yeah, Blake." I utter, not knowing how to respond to that.

        Blake Dean, my boyfriend, is the guy every girl would want. With his perfect features, his athletic built and his voice that just makes every girl swoon.

        "Why don't you give me a kiss babe?" His arms snakes around my waist and I smile. He closed his eyes and leaned in. We were only centimeters apart when I was 'bout to do it, but that was just a no no. I quickly dismantled myself from his hold and took three steps away.

        I sigh at the same time he does while covering his face with his hands. One, five, ten, fifteen seconds pass and no one's saying something.

        "Babe! We're dating for almost 3 months now and I still haven't had your lips o-"

        "You know what Blake? Schools starting in five, I think we should be heading back now." I interrupt him, looking at my watch. He lets out a deep breath and composes himself.

        "Okay, babe."

        My other classes went smoothly for the rest of the day and I thank God for that. My dad texted me he was picking me up today and I smiled, me and my dad were really close.

        Even though he has a lot of things to do, a lot of businesses he has to manage, he's trying so hard to find time to do his daddy duties.

        I texted Blake that I'll hop in with my dad today so he doesn't have to wait for me after school. He usually drives me home when dad can't. Apparently, my dad thinks that the right time to get a car is when you're 18, and I'm three months away before I reach that. I don't want him buying anything grand though, I just want a car that can get me to places.

        A car honk brings me out of my thoughts and I immediately recognized it as my dad's Porsche. I swiftly got in shotgun and buckled up.

        I kissed my dad's cheeks and said hello to my siblings on the backseat, who's both munching on some cotton candy.