Suspicion

It had been only a few months ago that Zane started talking about Travis non-stop. Aphmau had to admit it was rather cute the way her little Zuzu's eyes would light up when even mentioning the white haired boy living across the street from her but curiosity was quickly getting the better of her. In the beginning she didn't want to ask, thinking it would be rude to intrude on Zane's life and just hoping he would tell her whatever made him so interested with Travis when he was ready but after five months it didn't seem like he would tell her anything.

As they were playing with ponies in her room, Zane with his usual favorite pink pony Pinkie Cake and Aphmau with Flarity she decided to finally take things into her own hands and ask. After all Zane was her best friend so she was sure he would give her some detail. She paused in the game and cleared her throat, causing the masked man to look up and give her a confused look. She simply smiled and opened her mouth.

"So, Zane. You have been talking about Travis quite a lot. I've been kind of curious on what is going on between you too and what has caused you to be so infatuated with him." She stared at him for a minute only to watch his eye widen and a blush move up from behind the mask. He suddenly stood up.

"I uh... Well you see we uhm... Oh would you look at the time." He looked at an invisible watch on his wrist and backed towards the door. "It's getting late a-and I have to... Go feed my... Cat. Yeah. I'll see you later, Aphmau."

Aphmau had watched him leave, rather confused on what has just happened before sighing and flipping back on her bed, staring at the ceiling now. It looks like she won't be getting any information from her best friend after all. However, she wasn't giving up that easy. She needed to know what was the deal between Travis and Zane so suddenly and why Zane seemed to like Travis and talk about him whenever they got together. She sat up again and hummed before getting up and leaving her room, rushing downstairs and telling Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan she was going across the street to the boy's place. If Zane wouldn't speak up she was sure Travis wouldn't either but there were three other people living with Travis and she was sure one of them might have seen or heard something. It was time for her to get her detective skills put in use.

((Hi hi! Sorry it's so short there isn't a lot I could write for this chapter but there will be more. Aphmau is determined. Thanks for reading and comments would be really helpful on what I could improve for my writing skills. I'll update as soon as I can.))