I'm Sorry

Dear Francis,

          I know it's too late to write this but I want you to know that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I--we weren't able to support you throughout your suffering. We were all aware that your sick but we've never actually done anything to at least help you. It must've been hard for you to endure everything. Sorry for being not there to comfort you.

You don't deserve to suffer like this for you are a good son to your parents, a good brother to your sibling and a good friend to us. It's been like two months since you went away but up until now I still regret everything. I'm sorry for calling you a coward when the truth is that you still want to fight.

I'm sorry if I sometimes ignore your messages. I'm sorry for not letting you borrow my phone sometimes.  I'm sorry for always hitting you at the back whenever we bicker and fight. I didn't know it hurts a lot. I'm sorry for being too mean to you sometimes.

I know that it's too late to say these things but I want you to know how much you really mean to us and to me. We may not have spent a lot memories together but I want you know that I cherish the memories that we've all spent together. I wan you know that we, your friends, all love you, Francis.

I hope that wherever you are right now you are happy and satisfied. The time you had to live in this world wasn't long but I hope that we were able at least make it memorable to you.

This is my last goodbye.

                     Francis Christian Ordan