Chapter 12

Evan's POV

I felt strong arms over me. I slowly fluttered my eyes open to see that I was on the couch. My eyebrows were pulled together in confusion. Why was I on the couch? Slowly, memories of last night came to me. Wait! Then that must mean these arms are....! I slowly turned around to come face to face with Alex. I almost screamed.

It's okay, it's okay. I can still get out if this before he wakes up and decides to kill me. Being discreet, I tried to pry his arms off me, only to have them tighten around my waist. I felt him bury his head in my neck and his hot breath sent shivers down my spine. Ignoring the butterflies I felt in my stomach, I took a deep, shaky breath and tried again.

When I finally pulled free from his grasp, I lost my balance on the couch and landed on the floor with a thud. I held my breath when I felt him stir in his sleep. I watched him carefully, and breathed a sigh of relief when he stopped moving. I bit my lip as I studied his face carefully.

He has a defined jawline and facial structure, with high cheek bones which complimented the whole look. His face was unblemished, with not even one single mark adorning his picture perfect features. He looked so pure in his sleep, with the way his chest rose and fell, and the way his pink tinted lips were parted as he breathed.

I wondered if his face was as smooth and soft as it looked. I decided to take the chance and carefully, I cupped his cheek. I stroked his cheek with my thumb finger, relishing in the way his skin felt against mine. I moved my other hand to touch his dark brown hair, running my fingers through them and feeling it's soft texture. I probably looked like a creepy stalker right now, but hey, it's not like I'd ever be able to do this again, so why not?

I just wished he was this peaceful and calm when he was awake. I hesitantly retracted my hands just in case anyone were to walk in on this.

"Ahem." The sudden noise made me jump back in fear and yet again, landing on my butt. I turned around to see Max looking at me with fury in his eyes. He stomped angrily toward me and yanked me up by my arm. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?!"

"I-I u-um-" Without letting me finish, he threw me against the wall, and you could hear a sickening crack. I cried out in pain, cradling my head in my arms. He stomped up to me again with balled fist. Out of reflex, I scooted as far back onto the wall as I could. Thinking it through a second time, I decided to make a run for it.

I didn't make it very far as he grabbed my shoulder and rammed me back against the wall. When he pulled his fist back, I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the impact. When non came, I hesitantly opened my eyes, to see Alex holding his fist in his hand.

I heard rapid footsteps coming down the stairs. Dave came into the living room looking alarmed and panicked.

"What the hell is going on here?" Alex asked with anger in his voice. Max let go of me and I slid down the wall in pain. Dave rushed to my aid as soon as he saw me.

"Evan! Are you alright?!" He asked with panic in his voice. He then turned to Max. "Well? What's going on?!"