Chapter 2; The New Beginning

'Breathe. In and out, in and out,' I think to myself, trying not to panic as I walk up the steps to my new school. 'Last year of school - just one year. That's ok, right? You can make through that - I mean you survived 2 years of hell in Georgia so this can't be so bad,' you continue to think, already panicking more and more.

You reach the school office and a boy around your age greets you. "Hey, I'm Shawn, you must be Luna. We're in basically all the same classes this year so Ms Davies, the principal asked me to show you around and look after you. That ok?" Shawn rambled. "Ye-yeah. Course!" You blush, not expecting someone that attractive to be in all of your classes - never mind being your 'buddy' too. "You look cute when you blush. It suits you," Shawn blurts, then covers his mouth. "I'm sorry, I'm not usually this direct, I'm just really.... What's the word... Flustered! I'm just a bit flustered because you're really pretty.. Seriously, I mean it!" Shawn rambles and you can't help but to laugh.

Someone this cute, into you? To good to be true, but there's no harm in flirting back... Right? "You know Shawn, if you really like my face that much then maybe you'll like my number even more. Now, I need to get my timetable from the office lady right behind you but trust me, as soon as I do that you can be my trusty guide and show me the way to your heart. Which, by the looks of your shirt, seems to be blueberry muffins," You grin. Shawn looks speechless at your flirting extravaganza. "Jesus take the wheel, because there is no way that that just happened. No way did a pretty girl just flirt back and offer to give me her number. Oh my god!" Shawn says, clearly shocked. "Like I said Shawny boy, I need my timetable, and probably a map in case you end up ditching me for some reason. Hopefully that will give enough time to calm down." I grin and dodge around him.

Despite your nervousness and anxiety about this new school, you had a feeling that it was going to be a good year. Stressful, sure, because of being a senior and Advanced Highers and all, but still, a good year. As Shawn walks you to your first class together, smiling like a maniac, you can't help but smile too and you realise that you feel happy. Really, genuinely happy. Not that you would admit it but this hadn't happened in a while. And it felt good.

*Authors Note*
Ok, so I know that that was a short chapter and I know that it might seem like things are moving a bit fast for Shawn and Luna, but trust me, I have a plan and I'm going to hope it works out because I have feeling I might end up changing it but we'll see. Anyway, today was my first day of S5 (and highers) and I actually quite enjoyed it. Well, apart from Maths, because it only took like 20 minutes of that classes to realise that I know NOTHING. NADA. Tbh I wish I had taken History instead but oh whale. Anyways, I'll try to update soon! G, xxx