A New Beginning

Like every day I wake up with an empty stomach. But I woke at night. Oh how the stars shine so bright! If only I could find a way up there. Is it more peaceful then life's challenges coming so rapidly at you? If only I could know.
I went off on a patrol for food. My hollow stomach rumbled with every step I took on the dew covered grass that bestowed before me. Suddenly my eyesight went blurry as for it was starting to rain. A red substance came to view. A gate with open doors stood before me. I stumbled forward into the open doors. Waddling around the area sniffing I saw bright orange beams of sunlight shine through the rain. A noise startled me. Voices. Soft kind voices like angels oh so sweet. I walked towards the sound and bestowed in front of me were giants with, FOOD! Knowing exactly what to do I leapt into action. I sat in front of them and whined. They threw down some food and a hand touched my fur as I ate the food. The hand was moved away from my back as I took my last lick. My face looked solemn as I looked into their pitiful eyes. While we stood their the man noticed my collar and looked at a little gold heart. Max. That is what it read. They took me into their arms and brought me back to their humble hospitality. Is this a new beginning?