School

Rupert wakes up slowly, as he rubs out the sleep from his eyes he finds himself in a foreign home. Rupert lies back down weary from last night. Rupert was just ready to close his eyes and rest a bit more when a dreadful screech tore through his head making him convulse in terror. In an escape to get away from that torrent scream Rupert scrambled off what must have been the couch. His leg snagged on one of the sheets tripping him over and getting tangled in a flurry of bed sheets. A commotion of footsteps raced up the stairs to a bedroom across from where Rupert was. Phoenix, Oscar and Leon raced into the bedroom settling down a stressed Zach, his eyes wild with fear. Phoenix shooed Oscar out and started to try calm Zach down. Oscar nervously glanced to his brother who was helping Phoenix, then flops down on one of the couches. Rupert managed to avert his eyes from Zach and watch Oscar who looked like he just aged twenty years. Rupert sat down nervously next to Oscar. They stayed silent until Phoenix walked out of the room leaving Leon with Zach. Phoenix held a distant look then slammed his hand on the wall cursing.

"this can't continue. This has to stop," Phoenix yells .

" can someone please tell me what is going on?," Rupert asks his voice barely a whisper, never in his life has he heard a scream like that apart from his own.

"Zach needs time," Leon said walking out of the door.

"what do we do about his brother?" Oscar asks.

"His brother won't tell me much. I know he knows something," Phoenix says calming down

"Why won't anyone tell me what's going on?," Rupert asks getting distressed

"Yeah he dose, and do you know why Phoenix. It is because he is the one responsible. We need to find Zach a new pack and now!" Leon yells.

"Waffles?" Randolph asks casually leaning against the frame of the hallway as if nothing was going on, everyone stops and turns to Randolph.

"Wait what? How did you get in?,"Phoenix asks stunned before storming past Randolph to the kitchen.

" Jeez what's his problem?"

"Honestly I have no idea, anyway I got an important meeting to go to so I'll see you guys later. Just keep an eye on Zach Ozzy. Bye guys," Leon says, grabbing an apple on the way out, everyone says good bye to him as he dashed out.

" umm did someone say waffles?" Zach mumbles rubbing his eyes, as he walks out of his bedroom. His hair a tangled mess of ropes ,wearing a crinkled top with a picture of a wolf and crinkled trousers. Rupert had never seen anyone look so worn out. Zach stumbles forward, like a zombie, as if all the energy has been drained from him by a leech.

" Waffles it is!" Randolph says with an empty smile, eyes full of concern, he watched Zach till he stumbled down to the couch and gave him a reassuring smile. Randolph watched him for a second longer then walked out of the room down the hall hesitating as he glances back then continues to the kitchen.

Rupert sits down next to Zach and gives him a worried look. It's silent aside from the noise of the birds cheerful chirping and the clattering noises from the kitchen followed by hushed voices of Phoenix and Randolph. The room they were in was colorful and spacious with a big gaping window looking out to the lush spacious tropical garden. Of course their was a glass door to the garden with blue stone trailing to the soothing fountain pouring over the pond. The furniture was a mix of wood and metal blending with the deep blue and dashes of red. The room felt alive, vibrant with the swirl of unforgotten memories. The lounge was a soft white bent into a L shape in front of the the big screen TV and a forgiving bookcase full of untold knowledge and adventure. The bookcase stood proud next to the hallway, that beckoning hallway trailing to open doors and secrets. Zach and Oscars room stood admits the swirl of life in the lounge with closed doors and closed secrets. Oscar switches on the TV and flicks through till a cartoon pops up, Zach perks up enchanted by the cartoon. Rupert continues to take in this lively room his eyes continuously trailing back to the hallway but never on the cartoon, Oscar bored gets up and goes to his bedroom. Oscar comes back in his human form, snow white skin, brown fair hair, and cool green sparkling eyes, he is wearing a neat white hoodie and ironed denim jeans. Oscar gets out his phone and scrolls through it, Zach finally takes his eyes off the cartoon and stares excruciatingly at Oscar.