Chapter 6

Lucy's POV

School.

The place where the pressure to excell is so high that drugs, alcohol, hooking up and partying seems like the only way to numb the pain of failure.

It is the place where you are constantly judged by your appearance, gender, religion, race; whether you know it or not.
The teachers or principle might tell you that this is a safe environment and may just be the best years of your life but don't let that fool you.

Don't grow up kids! It's a trap.

Walking into my new High School feeling quite self conscious was not a good start to my morning.
Everyone was wearing what they called trending clothes, or as I like to call it, freezing-your-butt-off-but-don't-worry-you-are-looking-good clothes.

This morning I decided that it's not about what you look like on the outside, it's what's on the inside that matters so I went according to the weather, which was rain.
So thus leading to that moment when I was standing at the entrance with my ripped, light blue skinny jeans, slightly rolled up at the ends, a long sleeve, black, v-neck cropped top, not showing to much skin and a plain navy rain jacket with my short, black ankle boots.

My hair was working for me so I just let the waves hang loosely down my back. I was not a big fan of make up but I decided that my eyes needed a touch of mascara and that was what they got with a light pink lip gloss just for effect.

 I was not a big fan of make up but I decided that my eyes needed a touch of mascara and that was what they got with a light pink lip gloss just for effect

[ with rain jacket, shorter heels (hello she is in high school) and, of course, different hair colour ;) ]

As I exited the front office, with my time table in one hand and my rose gold themed school bag slung over my one shoulder.

I was not paying attention where I was going at all, resulting in me crashing and knocking over the Queen B of Springville High, Lorissa Black.

As she got back up in took in what they called the typical popular girl image. She was wearing a shirt so tight that it looks like it was suffocating her while at the same time showing off her perfect curves. In big bold letters it read: " Too good for you." Her jet black skirt matched her suprisingly tanned skin and contrasted with her long, flowing blond hair with just a touch of brown highlights. To end of her outfit she added a dark blue denim jacket, black stockings and black ankle boots.

As I looked up at her flawless face with her make up done with precision, I saw that it was filled with hate and anger.

"How dare you!" she shrieked at me. "I can't believe I person with such utterly horrible sense of style would bump into me!"

She kept on shrieking insults at me while her 'friends' tried to comfort her. I noticed one of them was standing awkwardly to the side almost not caring about what happened to her leader. She had the same beautiful blond hair, hers almost looking more natural. She had the most beautiful hazel green eyes I had ever seen.