The Mad Man In My Dreams

This is a Doctor Who Fan fiction I started writing, like, two or three years ago, and I had it published on Wattpad for forever, but I could never figure out a way to continue it! So here is what I had! I obviously wasn't an as experienced writer as I am now, so it isn't AS good as most of my other works in this book. Also, sorry, most likely only Whovians (Doctor Who fans) will understand the whole of this, but I didn't want it to be gone forever! Enjoy! x

▪▪▪

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

The clocks in the store never stopped ticking, but it didn't bother her. She was sitting in the same leather seat in the corner that she sat in every day for the past three years, waiting for him.

He had only appeared to her once in a dream, but she knew he was coming back, for he had told her. He didn't say when or even how, but he was coming back and she was ready.

She sat quietly swinging her feet to the endless tick-tocking of the clocks, her feet not yet long enough to reach the tile floor. She was only eight, but she was smarter than any of the other kids there. Her long hair laid in perfect brown curls that went all the way down her back and her bright blue eyes watched out the window as the leaves from the autumn trees fell down to the dry ground.

All of a sudden the leaves began to fly up and down and around in the air like birds just learning to fly. She looked down the street at the other trees but they seemed still as can be.

The girl's eyebrows furrowed. There was no sign of any actual wind to make the leaves toss around like that, but then she heard something; a familiar whooshing noise coming from that same spot. Within seconds, a blue police box was standing there and the girl jumped up with excitement, for it was the man in her dream.

And she had to wait no more.

-

Alice watched as the door of the police box opened and a man walked out. He was wearing dark slacks, a white button up, suspenders, and a little red bowtie. And on his head he wore a fez, which made Alice giggle. She couldn't believe it. A man that had once been in her dreams was now standing right in front of her... in a fez.

Then he looked at her. She waved, her smile brighter than ever, and ran outside to him.

"I told you I'd be back!" He yelled.

"It's you! It's really you!" She squealed.

"Now, what was it? Ana? Alyssa?" Alice giggled as the man struggled to remember her name.

"It's Alice." She finally told him and he slapped himself mentally.

"Well, Alice. It's nice to see you again. I'm the Doctor."

"The doctor? But is that not a police box you came in? And you look different from when you were in my dreams... Why?" Alice, being as smart as she was, still did not understand this man.