Chapter 4

That moment my hands touch the cold surfaces of the kitchen units, I feel like nothing will ever stop me. I feel at home where I can be myself and not have to hide.  It feels just like a buzz that has hit me and lets me feel free and calm. I don’t have to worry about not succeeding, I know I won’t always, but I feel like I would deal with it better if I failed in the food industry, than if I failed in the writing or mathematical area of work. I would just be able to get back up and start again in food I would never give up. I couldn’t , it’s my get away, my home, my life and I don’t know what I would do without it. I am proud when I create pieces of work, I feel like I have been able to do something in my life without letting ‘it’ get in my way, I know at times dyslexia try’s to, but I will always try to fight it, I mean, I know I will beat it in the end otherwise, I shall block it out as long as I can.

I think of ‘dyslexia’ as an invisible object, not being seen, but always being herd. I will have battles with it during the day, and It haunt’s my dreams at night. I know it’ll always be there but I know im strong enough and have the support to beat it.

It hasn’t always been like this though. At school I always used to feel cut off in lessons from my peers, because it always took me a little longer to achieve my targets. My teacher used to sometimes make us read out our stories. I used to slide down my chair, and pray that she wouldn’t choose me. I hated to know that there was a chance I could mess up the words or say something at the wrong time. Not all my class mates knew about my disability so I sometimes got teased about getting the words in the wrong order or spelling something wrong, so that’s why I always tried to stay in the background.

---

comments and votes would be much Appreciated.