Chapter 2: Illusions and Imaginations

1 year later... (7 years old)

"Wind, can I visit now?" Ember asked.

"Sorry, not yet" Wind said.

Another year later... (8 years old)

"Can I go now?? Pwease??" Ember asked.

"Not yet, sorry" Wind said.

Another... (9 years old)

"Can I? Can I?" Ember asked.

"Not yet. Oh and, I'm going to start my job now since I'm 12" Wind said.

"Oh... When is your birthday?" she asked.

"December 12. Well... that's what they think because that was the day I came into our home" he replied.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I'll explain to you once you get there" he said.

And another... (10 years old)

"I wonder how's wind today... I can't hear him or feel the wind..." Ember said.

Another... (11 years old)

"Ember! I'm back!" Wind said. Ember isn't on the rooftop, she must have been tired from school. Wind looked around inside the mansion to search for Ember's room. When he did, he saw Ember on her bed, reading a book. "Hey Ember!".

Ember gasped and threw the book towards him. "Woah! Easy!" Wind said. Ember started mumbling things.

"He isn't real, he's just your imagination. Just like what they said... He is not real. Just ignore him and he'll go away" Ember mumbled to herself. Wind heard her mumbles and understand every bit of it.

Ember put her hood of her hoodie over her head and tried to ignore him. "Ember?" Wind asked.

"He's not real, he's not real, he's not real. He lied to you, you'll never go to that place and he will never show his true form to you" Ember thought to herself. Ember told one of her classmates that she trusts about this whole wind thing. Then... something else happened.

Wind started being worried, what if Ember didn't believed that he was real? What if Ember doesn't want to chat with him anymore? Wind felt tears in his eyes, this was the first time he cried, he never thought he can produce water.

Wind quickly slipped through the windows and went back to his home. Why would Ember say that?

Earlier this morning...

"Hey, Ember. I was wondering... Do you have an imaginary friend?" Jenny, Ember's friend asked. "No, why?" Ember replied.

"Because I saw some of your sketches, and behind those sketches are written words in the back—"

"YOU READ THEM!?" Ember panicked. Behind those sketches, Ember wrote some scenarios about her and Wind hanging out. All of her sketches is about her and the Wind. She never let anyone see it. But today, she forgot to hide it before she got in the restroom.

"Well, your sketches fell a while ago, so I picked it up and saw the back of it. Care to tell what all these are?" Jenny asked.

"U-Umm... Sure, I guess," Ember said. "Can you keep this a secret?".

"Sure thing" Jenny said.

"I can talk to the wind" she said.

"Woah woah! Really? Can you hear it?" she asked.

"Yeah, I can hear him" she replied.

"Him? The wind is a boy?" Jenny asked.

"Yeah, he said it himself" she said.