One

The sun shines bright outside of the window. The smell of coffee, pancakes, and bacon hits Kali's nose. It's been a year since Kali and her grandmother moved to Los Angeles from the small town of Walterboro, South Carolina. Her grandma thought that their lives would be better in California and that Kali would have a better opportunity to fulfill a happy life. And, boy, was she right. Kali's life has transformed in miraculous ways, and her life is totally unbelievable...literally.

Kali sits up in her bed and yawns, stretching her arms out to the ceiling. She throws the covers off of her and lets her bare feet hit the floor. "Ugh, cold air," she mutters. Kali glances to her nightstand, her bedside clock reading 11:57 A.M. Beside the clock was a framed picture Kali cherishes very much. In the picture is her with her best friends: Teagan, Kelly, Jamie, and One Direction.

Not a cutout picture of One Direction, not a photo-shopped picture of them cropped in, and not a meet-and-greet picture that she would otherwise have to pay two hundred dollars for. This picture is the prime example of everyday life for Kali. Ever since she moved, she's managed to become BFFs with with the British-Irish boy band. Unbelievable, right?

She became friends with One Direction the moment she became friends with Teagan. Teagan was the girl who showed Kali around their school Loyola High School when she started attending in the eleventh grade. It was Kali's first year, and Teagan was deemed her "travel buddy" by the guidance counselor since they had all of the same classes. Due to their quirky personalities, they instantly hit it off as good friends. After the first day, Teagan invited Kali over to her house to hang out, neglecting to tell her that she was also having over her good friends Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn; the members of the most internationally known boy band ever: One Direction.

Now, you might be wondering, "How is Teagan friends with them?" Don't worry. There's an answer for that, too. See, during 2009, Teagan went on a summer school trip to Holmes Chapel, England to see the Jodrell Bank observatory with her science class. It was a five day trip. One night after curfew, one of Teagan's friends convinced her to sneak out and roam the village with her, and that's exactly what they did. They ended up stumbling across Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School where there was a huge party going on. They could hear live music coming from inside joined with the hustle and bustle of teenagers, so they snuck inside to see what all the commotion was about.

It was a concert. Mediocre at best, but they still sounded stellar. The band was called White Eskimo, and the crowd seemed to love them. Teagan's friend pushed their way to the front of the crowd in the auditorium, and they watched and listened in awe. Teagan's veins were filled with the terror of their teacher finding out that they're gone, but the moment she saw the lead singer, all of that was gone. She was taken aback by his beautiful voice. At that time, she just wanted to know who he was. But of course, it was no other than Harry Styles.

After the concert was over, the band did a bit of a meet-and-greet with some of their fans. To make a super long story short, Teagan caught Harry's eye, and decided to talk with her a take some photos. He got caught up in her American accent, and was completely captivated by her and her friend. They exchanged numbers, and after things died down, Teagan and her friend went back to their hotel and called it a night.

Teagan and Harry stayed pen pals over the course of years. She even was one of the many people who convinced him to go for the X Factor. And after him and his new band mates went big, he made it a priority to see Teagan in California. Harry comes to visit to Teagan with his band whenever he can. Him and the boys are so dedicated to their friendship with Teagan that they even bought at house right in LA to spend their off time in, and Teagan and her other friends are welcome to come as well.

Ever since Kali met the boys and the rest of Teagan's friends Kelly and Jamie, her and all of them have been the greatest friends, but if she had to choose her best friend out of all of them, it'd have to be Zayn.