Ch.11 - Time

Hi guys...Another chapter update. Hope you like it.

Have fun reading and do comment!

Ch.11:

Anya and Sumedh were walking side by side as they headed to the music hall where a mandatory class meeting was announced. Both realized how awkward it was for them to interact when others were around. They talked to each other with such freedom when they were alone. But now it is as if they are complete strangers for each other. Neither of them uttered a word as they completed the walk from upstairs to the hall.

The room was bright because of the skylights that were located at the top of the ceiling. Not one soul was present there except for Sumedh and Anya. Sumedh offered her a tight lipped smile and went to the far right to take a seat. Anya stayed where she was taking the second seat from the entrance, just because she disliked being on the edge of rows. They were far too early to this meeting.

After a good 5 minutes, students began to fill into the room, almost ignoring the 2 people that were present there and taking seats as if they did it everyday. Sumedh and Anya were separated by at least 20 seats in between and he sat 3 rows behind her.

The first to enter were mostly Elite Crew members. Sumedh scanned the crowd to find former friends but he was greeted with hostility. Turning his body to face the front he focused on the stage instead.

"Anya!" Riya waved to her friend from far as Mahi already started walking towards her.

"Are you okay?" Mahi voiced her concern.

"I am fine." Anya replied with a little smile.

"Where did you go idiot!! You scared me! I will kill you next time you do that." Riya burst taking a seat next to Mahi who sat beside Anya. The girls began asking questions about everything that happened in the morning.

Loud and boisterous noises announced the arrival of LA Underdogs all laughing and smiling through the doors. Vishal and Kabir were right behind the large group discussing something. Sumedh turned to see them when he noticed Vishal had already moved ahead to take a seat but Kabir was still. He was staring at Anya. Why.  This just rubbed him in all the wrong ways.  He didn't like Anya being in the middle of all of this.  Especially now, when Kabir and even Siddharth have taken a sudden interest in her. 

"Welcome class of 2018!" The voice broke Kabir out of his trance and he moved to sit next to Vishal. From the side curtains emerged a young lady wearing a silky blue dress hemmed with black laces that came to the knees. Her hair was flowing to one side while the other side sported a golden dangling ear cuff. Faisal followed her out and to the center of the stage.

"I am sure most of you already know who I am, but those who might have forgotten me, let me remind you who I am.  This beautiful young lady standing in front of you right now, is Ms.Vidya Thakur, Louise Academy's music teacher.  I am a super friendly creature so you can always approach me if you need help.  And to move on to why we are all gathered here, well I am sure your Class Council President can explain that to you better than me."  She turned to Faisal who was just standing around admiring her. "Take it away." 

Faisal shook his head to clear it out before beginning his speech.  "Hey guys!"  A loud cheer ripped through the auditorium.  It was evident how much people liked Faisal.  He was very peaceful as a person, always helping others when needed, and he even took time to stay behind to help the staff of his college.  He was probably the only Elite liked by all, or almost all of the Underdogs.  

"We have called you all here to announce the upcoming 1 week inter-college conference that will be hosted by our Academy where chosen students from around India will come together under our roof to explore extra curriculum activities, discuss current events, take part in scholarship projects and events, learn what our city can offer and teach us what they can offer.  This event is very important for our college and therefore is being handed only to the seniors who are YOU guys.  So please help us make this event a success and we can all take away memories with us.  You guys will be evaluated and scored based on your abilities for the next 2 weeks with the 1st week focusing on preparation and the 2nd being the actual event.  We will have the list of responsibilities along with your names on the bulletin board by the end of today.  So do look out for that.  Let's make this a success guys!" With that Faisal stopped talking, hearing more claps from the crowd.  He turned to Vidya who offered him another smile.