A bad start to romance (;-_-)

Night was about to fall, Chiaki noted as she looked out the window of her room. The light breeze slightly ruffled her short and slick pink-grey hair. Her vibrant pink eyes were trained on the red and orange hues of the sky as the sun set with the backdrop of the nearby mountainous range. It was a beautiful sight, one that she always looked forward to seeing as her window afforded her the best view in perhaps the whole city. Now, she did not know if she would ever see that sight ever again. Chiaki clenched her fists to keep them from shaking, doing her best to keep her face calm and serene.

"Nanami-San." A familiar voice called out to her. Chiaki turned to see her best friend Komaeda standing there, a look of calm acceptance in his soft cyan eyes. Unlike the forced calm that Chiaki had, Komaeda's calm was genuine. Chiaki could easily tell that Komaeda had already accepted their fate and she sorely wished that she could accept it too.

"The others are waiting." Komaeda said softly, as if speaking any more loudly will shatter Chiaki's faux calm. His usual warm white hair appeared a slight shade of red as the sun's dying light illuminated it. The usual hope's peak attire was absent, and he was just wearing his casual clothes, just as Chiaki's own uniform was gone.

"Let us go then." Chiaki's voice was steady and she was glad for that. With one smooth motion, Chiaki stood to her feet, her hands clasped demurely in front of her, the lilac hoodie snug against her body, the hood covering part of her face as she walked to her friend. Komaeda waited until Chiaki was past her before she turned around, his own hoodie shielding his eyes from view.

The two friends were solemnly quiet as they stepped into the elevator and waited until it reached the ground floor. Chiaki kept her eyes resolutely trained on the floor as she mentally counted the sound of dull footsteps to occupy her mind. Chiaki didn't want more reminders of a place that she is about to lose forever.

They passed by more buildings, occasional fires out the window making appearances. Chiaki remembered her mother complain fondly that their home was more of a memory than a experience, but she never understood what that meant, the meaning never came to her until now.

Even with all the resplendence everywhere, the city was mostly empty. Even the people who were apart of the hope side who roamed the city were scarce, she unfortunately only saw despair around these days. She knew it was better if she did not see any of them anymore but Chiaki felt keenly alone and her hold on her hands tightened until she could feel her nails digging into the palm of her hand. Almost immediately, another delicate hand was placed on top of her clenched hands. Chiaki was a little startled at first but relaxed almost immediately as she realized who it was.

Hajime squeezed Chiaki's hand as he glanced meaningfully at her. Hajime didn't have to say a thing as Chiaki instantly knew what her friend was trying to convey to her. Just like that, the loneliness receded and Chiaki unclenched her hands. They then continued walking; along with Komaeda.

By the time that they got to their destination, the sun had fully come up and the sun was up in the sky, clouds shielding the brightness from view. They were now at the entrance of the building where they were destined to meet Ryota Mitarai. Thirteen figures were waiting for the three,outside of the glass building. The rest of the famous, 77th class of Hope's Peak Academy. Some grinned, some smiled, it meant the same thing.

"Hinata-kun, Komaeda-kun, Nanami-San." Twogami Byakyua called out to them. "Ready?" a regal, lady-like voice asked the three, the lady known as Sonia Nevermind. "Ibuki's ready!" Ibuki did a peace sign,the small girl's name was Haionji, the super High school level dancer (She. was. smiling), it did nothing to change the impression that this was a woman that you wouldn't want to mess with. Even though she was small, there was still an aura of sternness around her that you would never feel that she was someone helpless. Mikan smiled and Mahiru grinned. Gudham Smirked, Nekomaru smiled kindly, Peko and Fuyuhiko smiling. TeruTeru had a nosebleed, but no one cared. It was that moment of stillness that Chiaki noticed Hajime's right eye... it was red.