Damon's house

"DAMON VELASQUEZ! GET YOUR UGLY LOOKIN' FACE OVER HERE!" His short, high esteemed mother yelled. 

Damon had decided to walk in through the front door since he thought everyone would be asleep, which was his first mistake. As soon as he walked through the door he was confronted by his mother. He was forced to stay put, even though the kitchen was so close and he was so hungry.
The last time he had something in his stomach was yesterday morning and he had ate a piece of a snickers bar that he had gotten at the vending machine at the Riverpoint hospital, where his younger brother Ben was.

Ben is only two years younger than Damon but has stage four brain cancer. It's been draining Damon's mother financially, she could barely keep her family afloat when she had a job but ever since she lost her job as a nurse a few years ago, it's been hard for her. Especially this summer because Ben's condition has been getting even worse.

The fridge or the pantry in the kitchen isn't exactly full but Damon would've settle for anything.

His mother had been waiting for him all night, praying her son wasn't kidnapped or worse. But the time for her worriedness had passed, his mother was filled with only anger and rage. In her mind, what could he have possibly been doing where he would've been gone all night. Then she noticed something, Damon would greatly regret her noticing.

"WHY IS YOUR SHIRT ON BACKWARDS AND INSIDE OUT?!"

His mother repeated but the second time was with a louder and a more stern tone. Damon was in shock, he didn't know how to answer, instead he just froze in place with his jaw dropped. His mother had quickly pieced together what had gone down last night.

"YOU LOWLIFE PIECE OF DIRT! YOU'VE BEEN SLEEPING AROUND? YOU KNOW THE RULES IN THIS HOUSE! MY OLDEST SON SHOULD HAVE A BETTER CONSCIENCE THAN THAT! YOUR FATHER LEFT ME, I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THAT TO ANOTHER GIRL..."

After that, Damon dozed off, he wasn't paying attention to anything his mother was saying. He had heard this lecture before, many times.
All he could think about was Victoria, and that sweet perfume she had on. It smelled of a high class woman and Channel, which was exactly what he liked. As his mother continued screaming and lecturing him, Damon drew farther from reality. Damon couldn't think straight as long as Victoria roamed through his mind. He started thinking about how they first met. He grinned so big, his mother almost slapped him across the face. He slowly began walking away from the front door and up the stairs to his room he went. His younger sisters and little brother were standing right next to the kitchen, since their mother's yelling had woken them up. They gazed upon him, with the astonishment that he would actually walk away from their mother. His mother was the most confused out of all of them. She had a look of both confusion and disgust. Damon strutted to his room, unaware of the emotions he stirred up among his family. He reached his room and as he closed the door, his enraged mother barged right in.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?"

Reality had finally caught up with him, he realized what he had done. Starting to regret his actions, he quickly apologized and explained to his mother how he was in love.

"In LOVE? I don't think so."

His mother had calmed down but was still furious of the careless mistakes she thought her son was making. She decided a months worth sentence was a suitable punishment.

"So whose the lucky skank?" She quickly asked.

"She's not a skank. She's Victoria Stone." He barked back.

"Victoria Stone? Ay mijo, she's the daughter of the richest people in Riverpoint, in fact I'm pretty sure her parents are the richest in the state. I don't want you associating yourself with her. Her parents have very high standards for their daughter. Ok?"

"No. I love her. And she doesn't do whatever her parents tell her to."

"So she is disobedient, that's not a good quality." His mom snapped back.

"Mami! There is nothing you can say or do that will change my feelings for Victoria. I'm tired of you saying that she is bad for me. I LOVE HER!"

He shoved the short brunette out of his room and swiftly locked the door. He stood behind the door, with his head against it for a little while. He then grabbed the nearest shirt to him, which was another faded shirt but this one was gray with the Puerto Rican flag on it. He took off the backwards inside out shirt he had on, revealing his six pack abs. He slipped on the gray shirt fast as if he knew someone was watching him. His suspicions were right, Victoria was right outside sprinting towards Damon's window. She was wearing one of her dad's long business shirts that he wears with his suits, with only some buttoned, but nothing else. The fact that his window faced his empty backyard and that it was early in the morning, helped Victoria be invisible to Damon's neighbors and unnoticed by Damon's mother. Victoria felt quite scandalous doing this.

He once again began thinking how Victoria and him met, in sophomore year, on that first day at Riverpoint high school. Even though that had been  three years ago, he remembered it perfectly.