Chapter 2

we spent about 4 hours together without realising. 4 hours talking about anything and everything.
"so are you gonna tell em your reason your here now?"
"my dad got a new job here, that's all, what about you?"
"my story isn't important, hey we should get back to school, was lunch okay?"
"it was great, thanks, i'll pay you back one day"
i check the time on my phone "SHIT I MEED TO GO HOME" as i actually see a notification from my dad.
~~~~~~~~~~~
i barge through the door, that's already wide open from the break in
"DAD?!           ...       ...      ...  DAD!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~
a week later.

"eli?" grey calls me to his locker but i keep walking, seeing the distance between us, drift further apart.
"hey, eli!"
"what grey! oh sorry" i turn to see it's actually eve
"are you okay?" she puts her hands on my shoulders "you ignored my messages last night"
...
...
i walk away.
——————
*eves pov*
i sit down with my hands in my head, something is wrong with eli, she isn't acting right.
"okay class today we are learning about enzymes in the digestive syst- late again, louis"
"yeah yeah... check your emails.
"i will eli, sit"
she sits infront of me, im two seats away from the girl i fell inlove within the span of 4 hours. so quick... is that even possible? to love eli when i've only known her a week?
"as i was saying".... i stop paying attention to the lesson and look at eli, thinking what it would be like, to know everything about her. she's so unique. she has tattoos already, a lip piercing, and she wears clothes so different to anyone in school, today it's black jeans, white tank shirt with a skull pattern on it and  chains hanging from either side of her butt, she's wearing the same shoes and beanie as yesterday though, firetrap boots and navy blue beanie, covering her gingery short hair.
. that's when my focus breaks. i see a note being passed, and it's reached eli. she stands up not long after. "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? SERIOUSLY. FUCK YOU CASSIDY." she hits the girl and the fight breaks out
"girls!! GIRLS!" eli gets punched in the rib
"so much for, forever, right?" eli says to cassidy. She walks out of the class and cassidy acts all beefy "what a bitch. picking a fight like that"
"shut up." i run after eli after chucking my backpack on my back.
...
...
it takes me 20 minutes to find her, when i find her crying and looking at her phone
"e-eli?"
she turns her head towards me and runs into my arms
"woah woah eli what's up?"
"me and cass were best friends she was talking shit behind my back saying im a homosexual disease."
"wait, your gay?"
she pulls her head away from my shoulder so we are face to face, i never thought she'd have this kind of side, the side that's emotionally unstable and actually secretly not the best at being happy.
"i thought it was obvious"
"i'm clueless"
"i can tell"
"now come on, tell me what's wrong."
we sit down on the stairs and she leans her head on my shoulder.
"well, okay... so my story first of all... my dad left my other dad for another man and that's why i'm here. yes i'm adopted, my birth family died in a car crash where only i and my big sister survived, she saved my life"
i gasp. holy shit no wonder she hides her feelings.
"before you get sympathetic, there's more..."
——— 30 minutes later ———
"holy shit. eli come live with me." in the 30 minutes she explained everything that happened yesterday. her house got broken into and her dad got attacked. he's in hospital and she's living alone until he's out. i cant have that. she has to live with me.
"no i cant, it's fine i can look after myself."
"i don't fucking care i love you"
"what?"
"nothing, just tough luck you have to"
"no tell me what you said"
"make me."
she starts crying again and i lay her in my lap, fuck. i start to cry... this makes me think of waverly...
1 year earlier
"baby, could we just watch movies?" i ask waverly with a sigh
"nope we are going to pl- okay fine, just for tonight babygirl" she lays into my lap and i play with her hair slowly
"baby that tickles"
"goooooood"
"shut up and kiss me"
i kiss her lightly and she pulls my chin down more, bringing me into the kiss harder.
present day
"eve? eve!"
"huh what?" i snap out of the memory
"you started to cry and talking to yourself, i couldn't get you to snap out of it"
"shit sorry, hey can we go somewhere, i hate school" i stand and brush off my knees
"yeah i know the perfect place to ask you out"
"what?!" my heart beats fast, did she just say what i think.
"nothing" fuck what if that was my mind playing tricks on me
"i hate you sometimes"
"oh well that ruined the plan"