Chapter Three: Sleepover Turn Down

"It's been three weeks, where has Megan been. We were supposed to have a sleepover two weeks ago. I haven't seen her at all." Jessie sat on the porch rubbing the side of her arm in disappointment. She looks up at the far window. "What?" She focuses her eyes. She notices a tall dark figure supposedly wearing a black hat covering half his face. "No, that can't be, there's nobody home right now. Jessie rubbed her eyes and stared back at the window. She noticed the figure gone out of complete sight. "I know this is the Henderson Murder house. I know that. Mom doesn't see it but what does she know? She never listens to me. Ugh, where is mom anyway... where is Megan... this is now strange." 

Five weeks later Jessie gets ready for bed, wearing her favorite fuzzy zebra pants and brushing out her long wet hair. "This last month has been completely weird. My mom said she was going to be away on a business trip, and I still haven't heard anything from Megan. Ugh, alone as usual. Suddenly a loud knock appeared on the other side of the door, making Jessie spill her Pepsi.

"Ugh, really all over myself, good job Jessie, good job. Nobody is supposed to be here...." She slowly creaks down the wooden stairs brushing off her wet shirt, peaking through the window. The same tall dark figure was standing right outside the house! Right there!! 

"Oh my gosh! This can't be happening!? She rushed upstairs and jumped under the covers. Hours later, the sun started to brighten over the horizon. 

"Hello, Jessie, it's Megan, I've been trying to get contact from you. It's been two days. I'm sorry I haven't been here. I've been sick. Please answer the door." Jessie creaked open the door and rubbed her eyes. "Megan! Finally. I haven't had human contact in at least 4 days, with my mom being away and all. Come in!" 

The girls get settled and have their sleeping bags laid out. This whole day is going to be great!" 

Hours go by and the girls have never felt closer. Laughing for what seems like forever." Suddenly the girls get a knock at the door. "Maybe it's your mom...?" 

"No, my mom is away on a business trip for at least another month or two." Jessie brought her thoughts up. (What if it was the same figure as before?) She didn't bring anything up because she was afraid that Megan would sprint out of here like the little rabbit she was. (lol)

"Who do you think it is?" Megan looked at Jessie as she took a big gulp. 

"I don't know, but there's only one way to find out!"