A Well Known Threat

//Kara\\

"Alex we want to know now!" I say super hyped.

"The baby is a..."

"Girl!" She cheered. Mon El hugged me. I started tearing up again.

"It's a girl!" I cried. "I was hoping she was going to be a boy." Mon El chuckles. I hit him on the shoulder, and I start laughing with him.

"Oh my gosh! I have to go to work!" I said nervously. "Is that really the best idea? Because we don't want you getting stressed out again. That's like something you're really good at." Mon El says. "I'll be fine" I scoffed. "Plus how will you hide this the baby bump?" He sneered.

"I can wear a large sweater. Trust me I'll okay!" I reassured him. "Okay, but if anything goes wrong-" "-I'll tell James and he'll bring me right back here."

He huffed. "I'm going to go train" he said. "And I'm going to make sure he doesn't break anything" Alex proclaimed. And I'm the only one left in the room.

I started to pack my stuff when I felt a presence behind me. I turn around to see Rhea. I got in a fighting stance

"What are you doing here?!" I asked. "I'm just here to visit my future granddaughter." She sneered. "I can you surrounded in 3 seconds, don't test me." I say with confidence.

"I don't think you want to do that." She pulls out a kryptonite knife. "I can have this knife in your heart 3 seconds, so I don't think you want to do that." She snickered.

As she got to closer and closer to me I started to feel weaker and weaker. She put the kryptonite knife up against my neck and I fell on the floor. I wince in pain, my face starts to crack and green is coming out of it.

"You'll wish you died with your planet." She smirks.

"Please" I struggle to say. And then everything goes black.

I wake up back in the bed. I see Alex, J'onn and Mon El crowded around me, hoping to see if I was okay.

"The baby?!" I manage to whisper. "The baby is fine." Alex says. I sigh in relief. "What happened do Rhea?" I ask.

"She's in one of our led lined cells." J'onn says. "I saw her in the room, I grabbed my lead knife, and put it in her leg." J'onn exclaims.

"Well, I feel fine." I say while getting up. "Lay back down." Alex demands. "No, I'm seriously fine." I say. "You're way too stubborn."

I chuckle. "What time is it?"

"It's 2:10" Alex claims. "Well I still have time!" I say running for the door. "Time for what?" Mon El asks. "I'm going to work, and no one is going to stop me." I say while backing up. J'onn rolls his eyes.

"We can't stop you, so go!" He laughs. I nodded and flew to my apartment to find a fairly large sweater, and I find one!

 I nodded and flew to my apartment to find a fairly large sweater, and I find one!

And it works! Then I fly to CatCo.

I the grumble because I have to make an excuse on why I wasn't here for two days.

"Keira! Can I have a word. I hear Ms Grant say. Oh this is going to be great.

"Keira, I get why you haven't been here for the past 6 months. But now I'm starting to think you're ditching work." She said in an irritated voice.

"Ms.Grant, I'm so sorry it's just-" "Save it."she says.

"Snapper is getting annoyed by this, and I can't keep this going any longer."

"Wait! Are you firing me?!" I say concerned. "I have no choice. You took 6 months off and then you constantly skip work."

I started to see tears form in my eyes. It's either tell her the truth, or loose my dream job.

I just have to tell her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want it to end like thi-" "-I'm pregnant" I whisper.

"What did you say?" She asks. "I'm pregnant" I say louder.

"Oh. Well, congratulations." She says dumbfounded. "Who's the lucky guy." She asks.

"His name is Mike. I met him while you were gone." I say while blushing slightly.

"Well, how far along are you?" She asks. "I'm due in about 2 weeks." I respond.

"I'm sorry about that. I'm kind of required to give you 4 weeks off." She mutters.

"Thank you so much" I smiled. "Your welcome, and congratulations!" She says.

As I was walking out I hear Snapper say "I'm guessing you've finally been fired".

"Nope! She gave me 4 weeks off" I smile while walking towards the elevator. He looks angry at me, then walked in Cat's office.

Started making my way inside the DEO when a message turns on. Every device in National City started playing the message from the alien ship.

"Humans, this is a message from the General of Daxam, it is mainly for Supergirl."

What?!

"Release our Queen, and we will consider sparing this planet. If not, we will kill everyone you hold dearly. Starting with your unborn daughter."