Chapter 2: The Sweeper!

The three of them entered the tower, and investigated the edges to discover that the wall to the left of the entrance was actually flat, meaning that there must be something behind it. Sure enough, Keziah's bright eyes spotted a small wooden door on the far side of the room.
"Wait!" cautioned Cassius, "Shouldn't Twitch check it for any traps first?"
"Yeah, alright," replied Twitch, brushing past Keziah to examine the doorway.
"Nothing here that I can see," he said eventually. "After you, Cassius."
Cassius ignored Twitch's selfishness and opened the door without complaint, revealing a short corridor extending left and ending with the beginning of a left-spiralling stair case, and on the staircase stood four black-robed people, weapons drawn.

Quickly hiding back behind the door, Cassius breathed a sigh of relief that they didn't get a shot off at him faster.
"Two archers, a swordsman, and a dwarf with an axe," he said to the others.
"Alright," Twitch shrugged, "Let's get them."
They hurried back into the corridor: Cassius first, then Twitch hurling a dagger in the general direction of the enemies, and Keziah behind him drawing his bow, Korruk at his side. Cassius charged forward, halberd outstretched, as a knife whizzed past him to hit a glancing blow to the swordsman's shoulder, and an arrow narrowly missed one of the archers.
"We should try to take a prisoner!" Twitch suggested as the two of them engaged the swordsman and the dwarf.
"Why?"
"We need to know what's going on."
"True, one may be useful to us," Cassius conceded, removing his halberd from the swordsman's stomach, who regretfully was determined to keep on fighting.

Meanwhile, Twitch was busy trying to avoid the dwarf's violent axe swings, eventually finding an opening in his defence and stabbing his rapier into it, only to realise that his axe was now headed straight for his side. Suddenly he heard a loud clang as a sword intercepted the blow, and turned to see Keziah by his side.
"Thanks," he said, distracting the dwarf with a feint so that Keziah could cut his head off. Right at that moment he felt an arrow pierce his shoulder through his armour, and gritted his teeth as he saw the archer directly in front of him shrink back into the wall.
Cassius killed the swordsman with another good skewer, paying no heed to the cut he had made with his dying breath, and checked to see if the others were okay, only feel an arrow clang against his breastplate, knocking the wind out of him. Turning his gaze towards the left archer, he swept at his legs with his halberd, but the archer nimbly jumped over it and desperately drew a sword.
The other archer was currently grappling with Twitch who was trying to pin him down. Once Keziah moved to help him, and Korruk with him, the archer stopped still and allowed Twitch to tie him up, eying Korruk nervously the whole time.
Cassius tried stabbing the nimble archer, who managed to dodge this attack as well, now smiling as he watched the Paladin growl with frustration. Seeing Cassius's plight, Twitch went to aid him, pushing the archer to make him stumble, allowing Cassius to skewer him like the other man, killing him.

Cassius breathed slowly to calm himself down. "What should we do with our captive? Interrogate him now, or later - no lie will get past me!"
"Later," Twitch replied, shaking a bottle he had conjured from the folds of his clothing, and applying it to the man's head. After a few seconds, he began snoring softly. Feeling his fingers start to move uncontrollably, Twitch began searching the bodies for coins, finding 14 coins in total, which he pocketed eagerly. Each one also carried medallions carrying a dagger emblem, which he left.

Funny Moments