Chapter One-Nightmares

Flashback
'Cassie, I have to leave!'
'Madison where are you going?'
'I'm going to America, it's a long, long way away '
'Don't leave,'
'I have to, goodbye Cassie, I'll miss you so much'

*alarm bell rings
I woke up from what seemed to be a night mare, constantly running around in my mind. I rubbed my eyes and slowly dragged myself out my warm bed in which I didn't want to leave. For once, I stared out at my window. It was a cloudy morning in Long Valley, the white and pure snow covered all of the scenery. Although I love the snow, I miss the glistening sun over in Australia. How I long I could go back to the good days where everything was so simple.

'Ugh,' I groan as I steadily make my way down the hallway and into the bathroom. I turn on the yellow-tinted light and stared into the mirror, looking at all of my unique features. My dirty blonde hair, tanned skin, hazel eyes and the many freckles that covered my cheeks and nose. I put on my black rimmed glasses and plugged in my hair straightener so that I could tame my light waves. To compliment the hairstyle, I added some light foundation, mascara and lip balm. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to cover the small pimples that sat on my forehead and cheeks.
'CASSIE'
'WHAT DO YOU WANT?' I reply
I hear loud footsteps coming towards me,
'CASSIE, WHERE IS MY HOODIE?'
It was my little sister Tessa. Great,
'Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed' I said as I applied some tooth paste onto my electric toothbrush.
'Don't avoid the question Cassie'
'Tessa, why would I take your hoodie? I have plenty of hoodies, I bet it's in the wash or some-' before I could finish I was cut off my her irritating voice. She was thirteen, new teenager, yay for me... not.
'CASSIE, IT'S GONE AND I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHEREEEEE'
'Tessa, I didn't take it, now leave me in peace, ok?' I say as I grab my phone and walk out of the bathroom.

I head down the stairs and into the kitchen where I was greeted by my Mum.
'Cass, did you sleep well?'
'Nope, I didn't actually'
'Well I made pancakes, your favorite' she said as he handed me a plate of pancakes covered in strawberries and cream.
'Thanks Mum'
I pick up my phone and check Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Messages and finally, YouTube. As usual, nothing from people who actually know me. That is if anyone does know me or wants to communicate with me that isn't to do with school work. As I go to take another bite of my breakfast, I hear someone coming down the stairs. It was my Dad.
'Morning Dad,' I say and as always there's was no reply. Instead he just stared at me while he took a sip of his freshly brewed coffee, most people would be offended but that ship has sailed for me. I don't really care if he ignores me anymore.

Once I finish my pancakes, I rinse and place the plate and place it in the dishwasher. I then head upstairs and go to get changed, it was chilly out so I decided to wear black ripped jeans, flannel top, plain grey scarf, boots and a beanie.
Unlike most girls in my grade, I don't have a car. Instead I catch the bus everyday, I don't want to but you got to do what you've got to do, right? Today, the bus felt as if it took years to reach its final destination which was the dreaded school yard. Full of big headed snobs who spend all their time glued to their phones or partying all night long.
'Just get through today, Cassie, you can do this.' I say to myself as I put in my earphones and walked into the school doors.

Authors Note:
That's chapter one! We hope you have enjoyed the story so far,
Remember to come back as there is many more things awaiting for Cassie's life.
Love your happy little vegemites,
-A&J xx