8. The Flowers

Caleb McDonnal

"Brian! Make me some waffles. Thank you," I yelled at Brian from my room. I was changing into some new clothes. I was wearing a red and black plaid dress. It had a bow on the side. It was beautiful and I loved it.

After I was done I grabbed my infamous leather jacket and ran down the stair grabbing my keys and waffles that were on a plate with syrup already drizzled over them

After I was done I grabbed my infamous leather jacket and ran down the stair grabbing my keys and waffles that were on a plate with syrup already drizzled over them. I think I actually like these people they are my family and I love them. Especially Brian because he makes really good waffles and pancakes. I walked outside and got into my car with Gravity right behind me and ate my waffles. They were delicious, but so is everything he makes. I start the car and see Gravity in the passenger seat getting comfy. I arrived at school and grabbed Gravity. I put her down and put on her collar. It was a free day at school and I didn't want to be home alone. I knew Emma was going to be here since she didn't want to be in her house, family problems, and Caleb was going to be here since he and his little sister are having trouble. I didn't know if Parker was going to be here but I am over it. I'm now putting all my time and energy into getting Emma and Tyler together. "Hey, JJ," I heard Emma say.

"Hey Em," I replied.

"Hey Gravity," she cooed as my dog went up to Emma, wagging her little tail. Emma bent down and Gravity licked her face.

"Okay, okay," I laugh.

"So, are you okay? I mean you haven't been in school."

"Yeah. I mean it's been a few days, but I'm okay."

"Sure?"

"Sure. So I have a mission."

"That doesn't sound good."

"I will get you and Tyler together."

"You are an amazing best friend," she smiles and hugs me.

"I know," I smile back. The bell rings and we both say our goodbyes.

I was heading to my first class when my stomach starting growling. I start going to the cafeteria when I see Parker. Just sitting, leaning against a wall with his knees to his chest and head down. He's crying. Parker the guy that I'm not over. He's crying. I hesitantly walk over to him. "Parker?" I ask.

He lifts his head and the second he sees it's me he turns his head, "Leave me alone."

"No, I can't. I can't see you like this."

"I deserve this. I don't deserve to be cared for. I deserve to be alone. II don't deserve you," he says and looks at me.

I place a hand cupping his cheek, "What happened?"

"I lied to you and you ran away and didn't come to school. Then in the hospital, I was so jealous because you have a boyfriend and I thought you liked me, so when you asked me to go on a date with you and asked if I liked you, I lead because it hurt seeing you with him."

"Parker I don't have a boyfriend."

"Really? What about Brian?" he asked hurt. Of course, he would think, me and Brian. I mean we're together all the time during lunch and the last few days I've been driving him home.

"Oh, Parker. Brian's like a brother to me. He's my foster brother," I stare into his mesmerizing brown eyes.

"You mean you don't like him?"

"Never," I smile.

"So," Parker trails off.

"So," I trail off as he did.

"You wanna get something to eat, like, with me?"

"Sure," I say. He stands up and offers me his hand. I take it and we walk to the Cafeteria. Right now it's around noon so a lot of people that actually came to school are here. We walk into the line and I realize that Parker and I are still holding hands. What do I do? Do I let go? Do I tighten the grip to let him know his hand is still in mine? "What do you want?" Parker questions.

"Pizza!" I squeal.

"Okay," Parker laughs.

"What? I love pizza."

"I see."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes.

"Here you go milady," Parker hands me my pizza. I don't even wait. I take my hand out of his and grab my palate and each the pizza very unladylike.

"Wow," Parker comments, shocked by my actions.

"I never said I was the perfect lady."

Parker and I spent the rest of the day together. He walked me home even though I had my car. So my baby is just sitting in the parking lot of the hell, I go to 5 days of the week. Right at this very moment Parker has Gravity's leash and has one hand intertwined in mine. It feels so right. My hand feels perfect with his. But this isn't going to work. I just can't fully commit when I feel like he's going to leave me for someone else. I'll be distant and won't let him fully. Why am I even thinking about this? We haven't even been on a date. We stop and I see that I'm outside my house. "Thank you, for walking me home," I say genuinely. I grab Gravity's leash and walk up to my porch. I turn around and give Parker one last smile before I enter my home.

About 5 hours later I hear the doorbell ring. "Brian get the door," I yell.

"No," he yells back.

"Fine."

"Fine."

"The door is open," I yell at the person at the door. I hear footsteps come into the house. I'm not really presentable, I'm wearing a sports bra and biker shorts, my pj's. I'm eating some pizza and watching Supergirl on my laptop.

"Hello?" the voice says.

"From the door head right then left then left and you'll end up in the kitchen," I yell at the mystery person. About 2 minutes later someone walks into the kitchen. "How may I help you?" I ask nicely.

"Well, I wanted to ask if you would go on a date with me. So, will you go on a date with me Julie Reddington?" I hear the guy tell me. I turn around to face Parker with a bouquet of white poppy flowers, my favorite flower. I feel tears running down my cheeks. Tears of joy. I run towards Parker and leap into his arms. "Yes, I love the flowers."