A Not So Happy Ending

I run down the slope where I had danced barefoot all night. My dress was torn to shatters around my legs.

The clock tower from the castle struck midnight. The glass slippers in my hand glowed a crimson red and melted of my hand leaving a searing white pain on my fingertips.

I remembered the events that had happened not to long ago. I had wanted to go to the ball do bad, to want to get out of the house and dance all night.

I had asked my fairy godmother to help me go. "ok but be warned the magic will wear off at midnight" she said as a beautiful dress had flowed around me. and glass slippers appeared at my feet. "but be warned there have been rumors about the prince, they say he is a demon child, perhaps the devils son himself!"

"So take this with you, and keep yourself safe." As she placed a glass dagger and sheath in my hands. "It straps on to your leg so no one will see."

"Thank you." I said as I hugged her and bidding her fare well as I stepped into the pumpkin carriage. and headed to the ball.

I arrived at the ball and met the prince not thinking about what my fairy godmother had said. it wasn't til I told him I loved him that I had realized what she had said was true.

I snapped out of the memory as a tripped on a root sticking out of the ground and tumbled down the rest of the slope. My hair had caught on a nearby branch, ripping out a chunk of hair and skin as I rolled to a stop.

Blood poured into my eye and down my face as my once beautiful dress turned back to rags.

"Cinderella!" the prince called out in a sing song voice. his once neatly trimmed brown hair was charred black and fell in his face and ran all the way down his back.

I got up and ran back to the slowly rotting carriage. as I pulled on the Handel vines started wrapping around my legs.

I could hear the prince getting closer as the carriage rotted into a pile of mush. "you said you loved me, so why are you leaving me?"

My heart dropped when I realized he was right behind me. "GO TO HELL!" I snarled as his arms wrapped around my waist.

The prince let out a dark chuckle that sent shivers down my spine.

I knew I was supposed to kill him, but I wasn't able to do it, I had a chance but I let it slip through my fingers. "you should stay with me." he whispered in my ear. And I trembled as his lips brushed against my ear

I tried to grab the knife that was sheathed to my leg without him noticing, but it was a failed attempt as I heard him growl as he pinned me against a nearby tree. I yelped as the bark dug into my cheek.

"What do you think your doing!?" The prince yelled in my ear. "you are going to stay with me AND BE MY BRIDE!" he pinned me even harder into the tree and the bark pierced my skin.

" I would rather die!" I yelled as I freed my arm and grabbed the glass knife that was sheathed against my leg and stabbed the side of his leg.

He yelled as he released me and fell backwards onto the ground. Taking advantage of the situation I straddled him and rose the knife above my head to bring the final blow that would take everything from him. He looked up at me and I froze.

His eyes were blue again. there wasn't a single hue of red in them.he almost looked as he did an hour ago.

I dropped my knife. I couldn't do it, I wouldn't do it. I can't kill him, not when he looked at me like that.

He grabbed my knife and plunged it deep into my shoulder. I couldn't think, I couldn't move. I just sat there as a single tear rolled down my cheek. "we will be together, FOREVER!" he said as he cupped my face and leaned in to kiss me.

He pressed his mouth against mine, my lips started bleeding under his touch but I didn't pull away, I didn't want to. My eyes drifted shut as he took my soul out of my body and devoured it whole. letting my lifeless body fall to the floor, as I fell into an eternal sleep