Chapter 1: Start

[P.S- Spoilers of the Pokemon Game Ruby Omega/Alpha Sapphire, if you don't want to be spoiled then don't read this. However, if you're fine with spoilers then... Enjoy!^^]
____________________________________
[Sapphire's POV]

Ruby and I are as close as anyone can be! We've been best friends since we were little. Ruby always acts out without thinking and sometimes that gets him in trouble. I'm always their saving him from the danger he caused with Team Magma.

When they tried to steal a power source to reawaken Rayquaza like Zinnia did on the Sky Pillars before. However, things have changed since then... Ruby had been a bit timid at the time and now he became a bit serious for his age.

Although, with me around it's almost like he can be himself.

Today, I was invited over to his place and saw how depressing he looked before seeing me.

"Ruby, it's me Sapphire! Can I come in?" I said while knocking on the door a few times. With a moment of silence, the door finally opened and I can see Ruby wearing the same hat but, an exhausting face.

I shouted "W-What happened to you!? You look awful!" I said with a worried expression, reaching for his face. Ruby leaned in halfway to the palm of my hand and allowing me to feel his cold face.

"Ruby... Are you doing okay?" I asked. Ruby shook his head "Sorry, Sapphire... I had a bad day today... I don't want to bother you with it, I thought maybe if I saw you I would feel better..." his voiced trailed off as he turned away from me.

I stopped him by reaching my hand to his arm "Ruby! You can tell me anything! I'm here for you!" I stated and saw the pain in his eyes like he experienced a bad event.

Ruby escorted me to the living room and allowed me to listen how his day had been.

Apparently, Ruby got news from the professor that his mom collapse and had to go to the hospital. The doctor said that his mom had too much stress from working and had to be put to rest until she's fully recovered. It's been 3 days since then, Ruby had been visiting from time to time and waiting for his mom to get better.

Hearing this made me want to hug Ruby, which I did of course. I scooted over to him and wrapped my arms around him, fill the room with light of hope.

I said calmly "Don't worry, Ruby. Your mom will get better! Have faith in her! And I'll be here by your side when she gets better along the way, okay?" I asked sincerely and saw how slowly Ruby started to hold me against his arms, placing his head on my shoulder.

"Thanks, Sapphire..." Ruby said quietly. I smiled and hugged him back "You're welcome..."

A week passed, Ruby's mother started to become more healthy than before! The doctor said not to stress her out to much and she should take a break from work for one day more. Ruby looked more happy to see his mom looking better than his last few visits.

Ruby became happy and then he called me out in the midnight of the night to tell me something.

I yawned "Ruby... What do you want? Do you know what time it is?" Ruby shooked his head and took my right hand "Sapphire... I wanted to tell you this ever since you beat me in a battle before the whole Rayquaza situation happen..." he said to me with a serious tone. I took him seriously and listen to what he had to say "Okay... What is it, Ruby?" I asked.

Ruby said "Okay... Don't be mad, okay?" I nodded and promise not to bicker with him.

"O-Okay..." Ruby's face became red and then he surprisingly gave me a hug "Ruby?" I felt confused from Ruby's behavior but something about his hug made me feel warm inside that I couldn't refuse him. I hugged him back and felt his whisper "I love you..." I flinched, hearing these words from Ruby. I felt my heart race and my face turning red "W-What did you say?" I asked as if I didn't hear him the first time.