Lost not FORGOTTEN

Hi, Addy here. Note this is my first story, thus its not going to be perfect. Not near it. However,  I very much hope you enjoy it!

When your parents die, it burns. The fire engulfs you, swallows you whole. Your soul cries out, and you feel alone.

Nothing is worse than feeling alone.

Nothing.

My name is Maia Ni'ite. I was born to two hunters. My mother was a sweet, gentle soul. She held love in her heart, and wished to share it with all.

Father was like her in many ways, and he was my rock. I talked to him like he was my best friend, for in my pack I had no one else. Father loved me and mama, so I was terribly confused when he left.

Of course mom went after him. He was her mate. She HAD to.

Mom was attacked.

That's all Queen Alexei would tell me.

It hurt. A lot. Who was I to stay with? Who would raise me?

Who would understand me?

A orphaned wolf was a sad soul, and not many were very willing to take me on. I was a challenge, and most people did not have time for challenges.

Queen Alexei and King Harlen Sent me to live on the very outskirts of our village, with a pair of omegas. They couldn't have children, so I was second best. The father was kind, but the mother treated me with distaste. I wasn't what she really wanted. I wasn't truly one of her own.

I grew up there until I was eight, when out of a complete miracle, they had a baby. His name was Anyte, and they no longer had time for me.

They didn't even have to kick me out. I understood fully that I would never be loved and appreciated the same way. So I left on my own. I roamed our area for awhile, not surprised that the neighboring omegas didn't stop and ask me who I was.

No one cared.

It took me awhile to gather the courage to leave my kingdom, leave the Jejui Pack. I spent a year actually, wandering, scraping by. I lived in the den under the waterfall, where no one ever bothered me. I both liked and disliked this.

One cold winter day, I shoved myself outside. It was terribly chilly, but I was starving. With no fat to keep me warm, I had to do something to survive.

Out of pure accident I stepped over the boundary. Into the dangerous unknown that was the Land of the Forgotten. Or, as most called them, the rogues. The jejui pack was almost completely surrounded by others like us, but on one side lay this land.

Of course I would step over THIS boundary.

In a instant, before I could cross back over, I was snatched up.

I let out a scream, hoping someone would hear me.

Maybe someone did.

Maybe they just didn't care.

The rogue holding me by the scruff ran faster than even King Harlen, and scrambled through the dense forest like a pro. His fur was the color of polished silver, and I noticed some of his claws were missing.

We ran for a hour, him calm, me frantic. What did rogues do to little pups?

Eat them up up up.

When we came to a stop, I was surprised. The giant one dropped me, yes that's what I nicknamed him, and sat directly in front of me.

"Pup." He addressed me. His voice soothing.

I looked up at him, and let out a slow breath.

"You took me."